Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just got some credits to spend on clubs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:16 AM (6 replies)
  • umcane86
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:16 PM

I'm at level 27, and would be willing to wait until level 30 to buy some clubs.  Will either piece things together or buy a set.  Looking for some advice in order to help my game.  I've got 6500+ credits.

I have no clue what direction to go, any advice?  Thanks guys!

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:31 PM

If you are a pro I would suggest rapture clubs, then you should buy some wedges for extra spin.  If you are a master you would need to be a big hitting driver.  Adding a putter is helpful but not a major upgrade.  Good luck.

• umcane86
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:25 PM

You would suggest piecing together a bag as opposed to buying a full one?

A driver, wedges, putter and then just play with high spin balls?

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:15 PM
    Well, I do not play with a hybrid club. Instead I have an extra wedge for the short distance shots to improve scoring. So buying the full set, which saves a little would not save me any because I would not use the hybrid that is included. Tell me what level you are and I could suggest a little more detailed list of clubs.
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:26 PM

A decent driver with a slowish meter and a 50 yard wedge would be a good start. Take a look before the prices go up tomorrow.

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:51 AM

hi, I recomend to buy g10 ironset and wood - 105yard wedge - 87 punchshot, 85 yard wedge - 71 punchshot, 60 yard wedge - 49punchshot. Supertri driver doesnt realy help u with the extra 3 yards. G10irons coz of the high trajectory.GL

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:16 AM

You're pretty close to turning master. Get in some great rounds at St Andrews (or wherever you are good), get your average down a little more and turn master. Then you have access to the best clubs in the game. Do this by tomorrow and you can buy them. After that you have to play for months before the best are available again, and then for higher prices.

The faster meter of the better clubs is quite something to get used to, but you need them at that level. So if you turn master by tomorrow you can buy the best. G10 irons are recommended by many, then get a good putter (Rossa has slow meter) and some wedges. Try to keep your distance gaps small. I highly recommend the 64 Pro Z Satin at 50 yards. It's great to have in your bag for those rough shots around the green, or when you don't quite make it to the green on the longer par 4s.

Others can say more about drivers. I bought the G10 yesterday. It's supposed to offer more forgiveness and precision than the Taylor Made R9, but it doesn't shoot quite as long. The two others have an even faster meter, so only use it if you can handle it. If you have starters now, it's a massive step up.

RSS