• jpkoala
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 11:54 AM

ApexPC:

Here are several things you might consider taking advantage of:

ROBELLIOT:

cpu meter usage/history 

:550:0]

The above image shows my cpu meter activity.

1st part of the image shows how my CPU runs when i have selected a balanced power plan.

2nd part of the image shows how my CPU runs when i have selected high performance. 

Go to , Control panel >-system &security ->Power options select> select high performance.

Hope this helps , there are many ways to optimise your P.C's configuration. For the hour or so while i'm playing WGT i also .Select, Computer (right click) >properties>advanced system settings>select performance /settings>best performace Click apply / ok.

On exit i revert to let windows decide what's best for my computer settings. Rob.

Thanks for the input I always use Macs but will dig outone of my old windows PC's and try it on there.

JP

• Mortonmanrko
    298 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 10:52 AM

I got a jumpy meter with IE and Chrome.  One fellow player suggested using the Maxthon browser, and using it ONLY for WGT.

No jumps since I tried this.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 12:13 AM

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Maxthon last night. No jumps last night or today, even after several rounds played.

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 10:08 AM

It's amazing that the browser least recommended by WGT is the one that works the best for most players.

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 10:51 AM

Maxthon is good but for me it can't beat Comodo Dragon. 

• RCrutchfield
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 1:33 PM

ty.Apex, I copied and will do what you said.

ty so much.

Bob

• PatrickLeGrand
    4,030 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 2:29 AM

Just to say: I knew this option but I had not wanted to turn to "high performance" because it turns your Windows design as standard (like Windows '98).

By reading this post yesterday, Apex, I told me "and why not to turn to High Performance and to test it while playing WGT"... and sincerly I can say that the difference is here: my swing meter is really smooth like silk and very reactive now when you click.

I must say it is a very good post and I think that will help a lot of people here.

Thank You Apex.

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 11:20 AM

The most potent cure for jumpy meters and other similar problems seems to be a clean Install of Windows 10 from DVD to a separate partition not formerly used for installing Windows. When you boot from there only windows is running and no other software interferes with the smooth running of the WGT game client. At least at the start until problem creep in again after you install more software. 

If you are serious about running WGT smoothly you probably need a separate partition with a clean Windows installation where you never add any additional software. That way you can keep a well working Windows installation for playing  WGT permanently.

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 11:44 AM

ApexPC:
    [good advice]

Not sure I've commented on your posts before, but I appreciate your fighting the good fight.

--

AndreasHelke:
    When you boot from there only windows is running and no other software interferes with the smooth running of the WGT game client. At least at the start until problem creep in again after you install more software.

Partitioning is a great idea.  Nothing beats a fresh shiny new copy of Windows (or your favorite OS), 100% unencumbered by garbageware.  However, I think the amount of people who can pull that off is akin to those who actually take the time to diagnose their event log. =/

RSS