Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Career Earnings (Tibbets vs. Avatar Lee)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2011 9:27 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Raboo
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:53 AM
    What do the career earnings do for you? are they just a ranking number? or do hey actually play any part in the game? can they be claimed and used towards getting newer clubs and balls?
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:55 AM

Raboo:
    What do the career earnings do for you? are they just a ranking number? or do hey actually play any part in the game? can they be claimed and used towards getting newer clubs and balls?

Much of the career earnings shown are the value of actual prizes won as well as credits. A $50 gift certificate would equal 5000 credits so the career earnings are more than just credits won. Lee's includes his Trip to Scotland that he won by winning the Virtual Open.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:14 PM

Why did tibbets leave? Wasn't it challenging any more?

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:53 PM

So I have been taking it easy (so to speak) lately in the WGT realm... playing the odd round and breezing over the forums every now and again.... And then I stumbled upon this thread. 

First off let me say, that I was never as good as, nor will be as good as Tibbets was when he was here.  He just simply understood things better or had a better memory for shots than I do.  Sure I was pretty close to him for a while, but the career earnings will in no way vault me over him as far as talent level is concerned.  The only reason I have (almost) earned more is because I've now been playing longer and had more ways of upping those earnings than he ever did (see above).

Now having said that, thank you DMM and Ellis for the recognition... albeit slightly premature...  But don't be holding your collective breaths... I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen any time soon. 

*edit*  LOL I stand corrected.... looks like it may have just happened....  Seems our friends at WGT are a little back logged in the stat update department...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:59 PM

Gotta love a modest and humble man...

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:08 PM

*edit*  LOL I stand corrected.... looks like it may have just happened....  Seems our friends at WGT are a little back logged in the stat update department...

Prob just got credit for your (worthless) KLM tickets.  Grats on the accomplishment!

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:08 PM
    Am I seeing something wrong. Is it true avatar has surpassed the spectacular Tibbets
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:11 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Prob just got credit for your (worthless) KLM tickets.  Grats on the accomplishment!
     Don't think so... Never got an e-mail about tickets to the KLM.  I think it was a golfsmith card from last month that did it.

Anyways, thanks B... I'm sure you be up here soon too.

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:21 PM

Congrats Avatar Lee well earned. Great Job. May not see another Tibbets but your as close as it gets. =)

• illy
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 9:27 PM

Av...very humble and genuine.  Proud you're from Canada (can I ask where?).

JR

• PAGES
RSS