Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WHOA BABY!!

Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:14 AM (3 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:29 PM

We have had about 1 inch of rain, here in Calif. since July and the humidity is in the teens. We have perfect, simply awesome greens at my club...as fabulous as any one could imagine. Normal stimp is 11 to 13. I played nine holes today and have never seen them faster in the 19 of my 26 years since beginning the game there. Our superintendant told me they were at 14 to 16. I know our greens, by every inch and have never played anything even close to these speeds. A lifetime of storys to remember in only nine greens. I never once heard anybody yelling "GET LEGS, BABY!! 

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:07 PM

So instead you hear, " ok hold your line, thats it, NO, Slow down, CMON, SLOW DOWN, STOP!!! STOP!! WTF!! STOP ALREADY!! AWW THIS  IS BS!!"

LOL!

I used to work Golf Course maintenance for a private club in the burbs of Chicago. I usd to love when we double cut our greens and rolled them for some CC event and they were rolling 12+ for weekend golfers. Undoubtedly the superintendent would get complaints from some and love from others.  It was nice knowing we could make that happen though

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 6:27 AM

jsweetcr:

So instead you hear, " ok hold your line, thats it, NO, Slow down, CMON, SLOW DOWN, STOP!!! STOP!! WTF!! STOP ALREADY!! AWW THIS  IS BS!!"

LOL!

I used to work Golf Course maintenance for a private club in the burbs of Chicago. I usd to love when we double cut our greens and rolled them for some CC event and they were rolling 12+ for weekend golfers. Undoubtedly the superintendent would get complaints from some and love from others.  It was nice knowing we could make that happen though

+1 . And for added zip , we didnt water the greens either . Talk about golfers having fits . Those were some of the best days that I enjoyed working . In fact , that was when I started learning how to play the game myself . It pays to know the tricks of the trade . :-)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:14 AM

Yep, I started to like golf after working the public course when I was 18 years old. I worked the sand traps and other areas around the greens. 

RSS