Help › Forums

Re: Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 12:32 PM

April 24

2009 - SweetiePie ~ aka Lily, ~SP~

6 years today ! And to think, it represents 22.2% of my life on earth. Thank You WGT !

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 3:17 PM

Congrats, Lily.

Hope you keep enjoying this game  for as long as you wish.  Good Luck, and keep hitting 'em where you aim.

Jeff

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 7:42 PM

Its been fun, at times hilarious, reading your posts over the years Lily!  And I must add educational as well!  Happy 6th WGT anniversary.

Andy

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 9:11 PM

Happy Anniversary to you

Keep smiling and giving us the smiles also

L F

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 10:21 PM

Happy Anniversary, Lily. Your unique perspective and distinctive phraseology always make the Forum a more interesting place.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 6:01 PM

Clarissa Burt 56 today.

What a hottie!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 12:33 AM

Congrats Lily

6 years is a long time.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:04 PM

April 26

~ 570 - Muhammed - Invented Islam ~

Little "Mu" was born in the town of Mecca in the Arabian Peninsula, where Saudi Arabia is located today. The desert enviroment was harsh, and the region was relatively isolated from the rest of the world. Many religions were present in the region, including Christianity and Judaism. Ongoing tribal warfare was prevalent, along with the belief in supernatural beings--angels, demons, and mystical creatures called jinns. Europe and parts of the Middle East were entering what is known as the Dark Ages, the chaotic years after the fall of the Roman Empire. As Europe through the centuries began moving toward what we know as the Renaissance, the Arabs on the Arabian Peninsula seemed frozen in the seventh century.

The boy Muhammad entered into frequent trances, which one of his nurses attributed to demon possession. ( I should note that little Mu's mother gave him away to a nurse to raise for the first three to four years after being born.) He suffered repeated tragedies as his mother, father, and grandfather died, leaving him to be raised by his uncle. He received no formal education, was illiterate, unable to read or write.

* note...if you are interested in hearing anymore of this "unbelievable saga", say so and I will continue with it tomorrow  ~ SP ~ 

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:31 PM

SweetiePie:

April 24

2009 - SweetiePie ~ aka Lily, ~SP~

6 years today ! And to think, it represents 22.2% of my life on earth. Thank You WGT !

Cool  ~SP~ , I always enjoy reading your post :)), i will be here 1 yr in June..

• bassmaster60
    126 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 5:55 PM

id say nobody cares about little mu or his saga. stopped this thread dead in its tracks.

RSS