Re: Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 12:55 PM

andyson:

Andy the LLBF!

(Life Long Bear's Fan)

P.S.  IMO, the Raider's organization today is only slightly less disfunctional than the Cub's organization.  But they are both way ahead of whoever is in 3rd place.  ;o)

Really ... I figured them to be about equal ... or slightly worse!  lol.

I still have hopes that "Commitment to Excellence" will return ... but until then ... GO Niners!

(not to be confused with the college team in Long Beach ... they say "Go Beach" anyway!

Edit:  I thought I'd share this pic of the most photographed Raider fan ... this is Wayne Maybry ... aka "The Violator" when in costume.  Wayne lives a few blocks away from me and my uncle ... kind of in the middle between our homes.  He's one of the nicest people you would ever meet (regardless of the color Jersey you are sporting on game day).

Here's an article I found about him ... for all Wayne does, he really does deserve the accolades ...  Wayne "The Violator" Maybry

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:45 PM

Sorry I'm a bit late with this one....    Born July 23rd 1965... about the time My family came to Australia.

Slash ....age 49

Love this song and without Axl it's not too bad...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:12 AM

DaddysKat:

Edit:  I thought I'd share this pic of the most photographed Raider fan ... this is Wayne Maybry ... aka "The Violator" when in costume. .......He's one of the nicest people you would ever meet (regardless of the color Jersey you are sporting on game day).

for all Wayne does, he really does deserve the accolades ...  Wayne "The Violator" Maybry

I most certainly applaud Mr. Maybry for putting his celebrity status to use supporting charitable organizations.  Good on him!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:42 AM

andyson:
    I most certainly applaud Mr. Maybry for putting his celebrity status to use supporting charitable organizations.  Good on him!

While I'll wave at Wayne when I see him, there's absolutely no way I want to hang out in "The Black Hole" with him or the other fanatics on game day ... I'd rather hang in the clubhouse!

26 July ...

Some really great actresses celebrate their birthday today ... my personal favorite, Kate Beckinsale is 41 today.  Also, Sandra Bullock is 50 and Helen Mirren is 69.  Those no longer with us ... Vivian Vance (1909 - 1979) and Gracie Allen (1902 - 1964).

For the guys ... Kevin Spacey is 55 ... I really loved him in the movie KPax.  The director of "2001 - A Space Oddyssey", Stanley Kubrick was born on the 26th ... sadly he left us in 1999.  Another great director was also born on the 26th ... Blake Edwards (director of the "Pink Panther" series).  He hung on until 2010.  For those of you who watched "The Dukes of Hazzard", Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane celebrates his 88th today.  Happy birthday James Best!

Videos today ... well, I can only post one, since many of you grew up with this singer.  Mick Jagger is 71 today.  I think for those of you that just loved the stones ... let's celebrate his birthday by posting your favorite Mick Jagger or Rolling Stones vid.  Here's one of mine ... (featuring Davie Bowie and Mick Jaggar) ...

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:48 AM

mantis0014:

Sorry I'm a bit late with this one....    Born July 23rd 1965... about the time My family came to Australia.

Slash ....age 49

Thanks for the video, Roger!  I saw him on my list of "Famous birthdays" but didn't know much about him!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 4:08 PM

Hard to believe, but I don't like the Rolling Stones too much...lol

Except for this song...It's a beauty 

♫Have you seen her dressed in Blue?♫    ...sorry, I stop singing now....lol

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 9:25 AM

27 July,

Just 3 birthdays to share today.  First off, Bobbie Gentry is 70 today.  Here's one of her more popular songs ...

Next, here's a number from a country-western overnight success  ... Zane Williams, who turns 37 today ...

And last on the list, Comedian Bill Engvall is 57 today ...

Have a nice day everyone!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:00 AM

Golly....Sister Kat really provides amazing things here...great music, great celebraties, great research... great, great, great ! I thank you, Kat !    ~ SP ~

July 28

1165 - Ibn al-Arabi ~ Muslim Mystic & Philosopher.....The philosophy is still a mystery to this day

1514 - Maximillion of Burgundy ~ Viceroy of Holland ... he enjoyed smoking a Viceroy while drinking Burgundy

1746 - Thomas Heyward ~ Signer of the Declaration of Independence

1804 - Ludwig Feuerbach ~ German Philosopher ( man is what he eats ) ..this sure true in China

1860 - Grand Duchess Anastia Mikhailovna of Russia ~

1866 - Beatrix Potter ~ English childrens writer..."Tale of Peter Rabbit"

~ Bye the Bye ~

1540 ~ King Henry VIII's chief minister, Thomas Cromwell was executed, the same day Henry married wife #5, Catherine Howard

1586 ~ Sir Thomas Harriot introduces potatoes to Europe

1655 ~ French dramatist and novelist Cyrano de Bergerac, the inspiration for a play by Edmond Rostand, died in Paris

1794 ~ Robespierre & 22 other leaders of "the terror" are executed to thunderous cheers....ahh, the guillotine...works like a charm

1851 ~ Total solar eclipse is captured on a dagguarreotype

1883 ~ SHAKE RATTLE ROLL in Isle of Ischia, Italy when the eruption of Volcano Epimeo goes serious and takes out 1,200 houses and completes the deal with 2,000 dead folk

1900 ~ The Hamburger is created by Louis Lassing in, of all places, Connecticut....they didn't feel right to call it a "Lassburger" .... however lore states that "The Kingsmen" band got real stoned on weed, developed intense 'munchies' and wrote "Louis, Louis"

~ It's a good day to do good ~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:00 AM

28 July,

Hi all you extremely quiet readers out there.  I get the feeling there aren't too many of you.  

I'm getting a bit burned out with this thread.  Whether you know it or not, it takes some time to read through the list of famous birthdays ... even longer for me because many of the famous people on the list I don't recognize and have to google search them to get a clue what they did and youtube search if they are singers and comedians.

I'll probably continue to do these searches ... I find a lot of the stuff I uncover very fascinating.  I'd never have known about the crackerjack commercial Jack Gilford did if it weren't for the research.  It's also cool to know Mick Jaggar and Sandra Bullock were born on the 26th!

I just get the feeling I'm doing all the work on the post for no one but myself ... so I'm going to take a break from this thread.  If I do have anyone that reads this, I wish you all the best.  I get my information from this site ... www.famousbirthdays.com.  Load and bookmark it ... it will save you from all that reading I've put you through!

For my post for today ... Singer Rudy Vallee (1901 - 1986) was born on the 28th.  If you saw Casablanca, he wrote the song "As Time Goes By" ... here is his recording of that song ...

Catch ya on the B Side!

Kat ♥

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:04 PM

DaddysKat:
    Hi all you extremely quiet readers out there.  I get the feeling there aren't too many of you.

Hey Kat, I am probably guilty of being a quiet reader, not responding more. But really do enjoy reading this thread everyday.

actually I was gonna drop you a hint of my favorite and he's coming up very soon on Aug. 1st. ( help you with a good YouTube vid.

Anyway, sorry to hear you are getting burnt out with this. Maybe more people are like me, quiet but do enjoy the hard work you do

LJ

RSS