Help › Forums

Re: Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:52 AM

DaddysKat:
    Ernest Hemingway (1899 - 1961)

He was interesting...perhaps more so is the superb "Hemingway" line-up of extraordinary cigars from the craftsmen of Arturo Fuente. Guaranteed to satisify and enhance the 18 hole experience...

July 22 ( day 203 with 162 still to come )

1210 - Joan of England ~ Oueen Consort of Scotland

1478 - Philip I (the Handsome) ~ 1st Hapsburg King of Spain

1510 - Alessandro de' Medici ~ Duke of Florence

1649 - Clement XI ~ Pope

1890 - Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

~ Bye the Bye ~

1934 ~ Bank Robber John Dillinger was shot to extreme death (boo-hoo) by Federal Agents outside Chicago's Biograph Theater, where he had just seen the Clark Gable movie "Manhattan Melodrama"

~ Peace ~ 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:52 AM

DaddysKat:
    Ernest Hemingway (1899 - 1961)

He was interesting...perhaps more so is the superb "Hemingway" line-up of extraordinary cigars from the craftsmen of Arturo Fuente. Guaranteed to satisify and enhance the 18 hole experience...

July 22 ( day 203 with 162 still to come )

1210 - Joan of England ~ Oueen Consort of Scotland

1478 - Philip I (the Handsome) ~ 1st Hapsburg King of Spain

1510 - Alessandro de' Medici ~ Duke of Florence

1649 - Clement XI ~ Pope

1890 - Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

~ Bye the Bye ~

1934 ~ Bank Robber John Dillinger was shot to extreme death (boo-hoo) by Federal Agents outside Chicago's Biograph Theater, where he had just seen the Clark Gable movie "Manhattan Melodrama"

~ Peace ~ 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 9:11 AM

SweetiePie:
    I got all happy when I noticed that Spencer Davis turned 75 today, and thought "Yipee!" Kat is going to post "Gimmee some lovin"

Great party song!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 9:37 AM

Edit:  Thanks for the video post, GOP Andyson!  Great tune!

22 July ...

Today we got the Good, the Bad and The Dorky (but kinda cute).

For the good ... Danny Glover celebrates his 68th birthday.  Also from the good category, Don Henley is 67 today.  He was the co-founder of the rock band, "The Eagles" and also did several solo numbers ... here's one now ...

For the bad ... two Spiderman Villians.  First, Willem Dafoe is 59 today.  He played "The Green Goblin".  Our other Villian is Rhys Ifans who is 47 today.  He played "The Sly Lizard" in the Spiderman remake.  Personally, I think Willem Dafoe was the better villian.  What do you think?

Finally, we have the Dorky ... About 8 or 9 years ago, I finally got up the nerve to go through my mom's personal belongings, and I ran across a couple of posters ... one was of Davy Jones of the Monkeys ... the second was of Bobby Sherman ... (who?) He's 71 today.  I went through a few videos and found this number that wasn't as dorky as the others ...

I wonder if there was some sort of Davy Jones School of Dance in the 70's?  

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:18 AM

DaddysKat:
     Thanks for the video post, GOP Andyson!  Great tune!

AMEN !! Thanks !.... I wonder if that video was done at Selfridge & Co department store (Selfridge's) on Oxford st. in London...do any of our friends in the Mother Country know ?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 1:15 PM

DaddysKat:
    I wonder if there was some sort of Davy Jones School of Dance in the 70's?  

Funny you should mention that Kat! 

I'm a proud graduate of the school, Class of '71, and magna come lousy.

DaveyandBobbySchoolofDance.swf

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:22 PM

OMFG ... ROFLMAO.  You outdid yourself again GOP Andyson!

And here's a vid of another graduate of Davy and Bobby School of Dance ... Axl Rose of Guns and Roses ...

Axl must have been a bit of a rebel (leather instead of polyester/silk) but the moves are the same ... check it out ...

I guess one can find Dorky in various genres!  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:56 PM

DaddysKat:
    And here's a vid of another graduate of Davy and Bobby School of Dance ... Axl Rose of Guns and Roses ...

No contest Davy wins.  Axl was in my class and sucked. He moved like Joe Cocker.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 3:17 PM

andyson:
    No contest Davy wins.  Axl was in my class and sucked. He moved like Joe Cocker.

lol.

So who was Valadorktorian from your graduating class?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:46 PM

Valadorktorian?  LMAO  very clever!

No, no I don't remember one of those.

RSS