Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Legends.............Re-Thinking the Clubs in the Bag

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:34 PM (2 replies)
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:10 PM

Now that some of the restrictions have been removed, playing a few rounds on SA and BP here are my thoughts on equipment going forward...

Driver : R9 SuperTri: Longest driver available at 278 till a 300+ driver comes along.

Fairway Wood: I was one of those that very rarely carried a fairway wood. I opted to carry an extra wedge since the G10 3 iron reached out to 210 yds. Now that the Death Tee's (black) are here I have opted for my first hybrid. The Ping i15 hybrid. 1. The max range is 222 yards, 2. It has a high trajectory over the R9 3 wood that I have and 3 It is versatile in the rough as well as the fairway. A good example is number 2 Beth Page, from the black tee's it is now 240 yds. to the back left pin.

Irons: I loved the G10 but the 3irons 210 just won't get it anymore. Upgraded to the Ping i15 irons. The 3 Iron has an extra 5 yards and the clubs have a bit more precision over the G10's

Wedges: Sticking with the Z Satin 06 Master 90 Yds, Z Satin Tour 60 77 yds, and the Z  Satin 64 50 yds.

Putter: Sticking with the Rossa Daytona

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:28 PM

Even from the blue tees at oakmont and BPB I often carried both a 3W and a hybrid, so really no changes there for me. Choosing which 2 wedges to carry with that setup was always a revolving door. (really wish there was a  high precision, super spinny 62* wedge in the shop with a 70 yard full swing and a 10 yard chip)

At kiawah I'm thinking I'll go with a shorter 3w than the R9 or i15 that I have for some of those par 3 tee shots - not going to make any par 5's in 2 anymore to justify the longer 3 woods and a hybrid is not necessary. - same 3 wedge setup as before

St. andy's... well not much needs changing, I may mess with my wedge setup a bit though.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:34 PM

I have a few other wedges I change out depending on the course, a zsatin 105 yd, and 98. The trick is what you say, knowing which one to carry.

RSS