Help › Forums

Re: I need more distance from my clubs

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 13 2009 12:57 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NuConcept
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 11:37 AM

Yeah I love how the starting distance for a driver is 225 yards.  I can hit a 4-iron that far in windless conditions.  I'm not a big fan of the interface, I think I'll stick to Tiger Woods PGA Tour, I just fired off a round from Bethpage and shot a 59 with a triple on #15 in US Open conditions.  I think I could probably shoot a 53 given another chance.  I'm certainly not going to spend money on clubs here and I started way too late to catch up to the guys with the 62s, I'll just have to wait until I win the lottery and can go pro before I can play on a US Open course for real :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 4:02 PM

Kinda easy to do in Tiger's game... love the way you can change spin direction and rate in mid flight.

59... impressive.

• BF549
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:30 PM

Think I'm going to give up on this "not even close" physics of a game.  Most people I play golf with can hit a driver 270+ yards.  When a ball hits the rough, it doesn't stop "cold dead".  WGT needs to give more distance with clubs up front and then make it easier to earn more credits - I'm not going to fork over real money for a fantasy "game".

• Mindripper
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 1:14 PM

225 off the tee with a TM? LOL, I can hit 200+ with my 3 iron.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 2:30 PM

You also can shank your 3 iron into the woods or rough and lose it but you don't have that on here.  You can hit your 3 iron fat or top it, but that doesn't happen on here either.

• SWDE
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2009 11:51 AM

Your freinds hit their driver 270.. but where! I have payed with many pro level players lately and nearly all played the standard set from WGT , ad they hit them very well!!

They all had good short games, unfortunately, most of them were also quitters!!

I had the pleasure to play a round with Thetruth67 the other day,some of his clubs are also standard,I think the irons,he did not have any problems either, in fact

with his Taylor made woods he nearly made a 2 on # 10,only 6" away for his tap in birdie.  On #11 he made a 7 footer for his next!!

Keep swinging

SWDE

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2009 12:57 PM

If it was easy, everyone would be good! You have to have a short game, to shoot par here. It is required to lay up on BPB for a lot of approach shots. You can't just smash it, and hope for a 70! So even if the drive lands in the rough, You are not penalized very bad.

Learn the punch shot, and get it in the fairway, for the approach to the green. That is where you the majority of players on here are hurting themselves.

• PAGES
RSS