Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter speed: clubs vs balls

Sun, Nov 5 2023 4:17 PM (6 replies)
  • BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:47 AM

Which one has priority?

If I have a slow meter ball, is it cancelled out by a fast meter club, or vice versa?

• ScottHope
    10,103 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 1:30 PM

No, a slow meter ball will make a slow club speed even slower, or a fast club speed less fast.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 1:49 PM

ScottHope:

No, a slow meter ball will make a slow club speed even slower, or a fast club speed less fast.

So the meter speed is basically calculated from the club and then add the ball. Correct?

Is there anything written anywhere on how this is calculated? It would be nice to know the best way to match your ball to your clubs.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:26 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by match the ball to the clubs.  A ball with lots 2 dots of feel will slow the meter down more than a ball with 1 dot.  It won't make the meter half as fast though despite having twice as much feel.  I don't know if anyone knows exactly how feel is implemented, it could be that each half dot slows the meter by a certain percentage.  It could be something else entirely though.

As Paul has said, slow meter clubs will become very slow with a high feel ball.  Fast meter clubs will become a little less fast.  Exact figures are going to be hard to come by.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:32 PM

Dunno about a calculus but it outcome is quite straight ball-wise: more feel=higher price = slower meter. This will work with your Starters as well as with custom clubs. Tour-SD play faster than the Callies, Nikes and other expensive balls are slower (Starter balls are the fastest AFAIR).

OTOH, the better and more expensive balls are wasted, sort of, with your clubs. Consider the one-time investment in a decent club set, driver, 3WD and irons, perhaps the G20s at level 59 (88.000 XPs). Add a third wedge and you are ready for Master!

• tonyb2004
    154 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 3:44 PM

The club speed should dominate until you get a ball with a slower meter...pointless to buy 3.5 speed irons and use the level 33 Callaway 2.5 swing speed.. the nike 3.5 swing speed slows my 3.5 clubs a lot vs Callaway 2.5 ..so watch what you buy..you  may be wasting $$$,

• donny1114
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 4:17 PM

I always assumed a mid-point calculate. If the club is 3.5 and the ball is 3.0 than you have a 3.25.

RSS