Re: Ranking of hardest Course on WGT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:02 PM (36 replies)
  • 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 2:58 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Chambers is weird
    Indeed.  I've shot a few 26 and 27's in those ready go's but then I can start a bracket immediately after and be +3 after 2 holes and auto WD (just did that a few secs ago actually). 

I just don't know where the good spots to putt from are (bad course knowledge).  There are plenty of holes that play massively long and uphill (long par 4's and its windy!) so the people who consistently score low here are not putting the ball next to the pin.  Just not happening.  So they must have some straightish 12-15F putts left in good position (i just don't know these spots yet).

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 11:37 AM

Chambers, Olympic and Merion always eat my lunch.

Good thing all I pack is a bologna sandwich.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 12:35 PM

Lot of tough courses now, but Merions greens will always be the toughest...

On every tough course when your inside of of 8-10 ft on the approach you most likely have a pretty easy putt for birdie...Merion has so many subtle breaks, some you can't even see, you can be inside of 5ft on every hole and 2 putt a lot of them... your seldom ever comfortable there...

• jaysamuelson
    640 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 6:49 AM

Olympic from the back tees by far, the best of the Par 4s is not a real course....J

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 2:08 PM

jaysamuelson:
    Olympic from the back tees

Dont think back tees really make an influence apart from 2 holes. And on one another hole the back tee is the easier tee.

• vatoo
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:25 AM

Merion

Pinehurst #2 

Olympic

Bethpage

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:02 PM

No hardest course as they are all easy.......when you are playing well.

When you are playing badly, they will all bite you. All greens are tough when you play to the wrong spot!

Personally I play Chambers Bay (unappealing)  very rarely, so I have no clue where to play to...so probably that one.

RSS