Help › Forums

Re: wow what a great support team?

Mon, Dec 2 2013 8:14 AM (88 replies)
  • burchell123
    362 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 2:54 PM

burchell123

Nov 26 16:08 (MST)

iv'e been a tour legend for a long time and are pretty good on here.for some reason my scores seem to be decreasing lately the better i play?.just wondered if this is a bug or updated v.e.m. or someone from your team blatantly cheating me to get my scores down.i have never cheated here,you can check all my rounds.cabo 1000 in last 3 days 8- 8- 10- on front and hit just as good on the b9 and get crapped over by you guys and finished with 3 58's.this is slowly happening across a lot of rg's.i don't mind losing or playing bad but at least let me make my mistakes instead of screwing me over on purpose guys 

my response from WGT was

Support (WGT)

Nov 27 21:20 (MST)

Thank you for contacting World Golf Tour.

We use an algorithm, to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier, which takes into account a number of factors including number of games played. These numbers scale by tier, so as it's necessary to shoot a lower average, more games are also needed to reach higher tiers. For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one’s true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is now using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player’s average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits. We still encourage the community’s feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

Finally, some of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:
    http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services 

Does anyone have any idea what this response has to do with my question to WGT support?

Couldn't get more automated,do they actually read any?

ROCKY

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 2:58 PM

seems like the same team thats been trying to get my internet installed for the past 4 weeks and still havent got past stage 1 lmaoo

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 3:28 PM

What do you expect from level 1 support?

They have probably seen "cheat" as a buzzword and found an automated reply.

I wouldn't expect them to cover your topic in any way.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 4:44 PM

alosso:

What do you expect from level 1 support?

They have probably seen "cheat" as a buzzword and found an automated reply.

I wouldn't expect them to cover your topic in any way.

I didn't either but it's hilarious what they come back with,oh my oh my(facepalm)

shows just how classy this game is with there so called support

ROCKY

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 9:33 PM

At least, this answer gives some information.

The most "classy" answer which I received from that source came when I asked them "who has left my CC today?" (I don't get the mails):

"Give us the avatar's name, then we might have a look!"

ROTFL!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:53 PM

Burch...you're turning into a CIB...a very good player who now is complaining of shooting/posting a good score ...and being "manipulated".

Give it a rest.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:19 PM

Well the responce wasn't an answer to your querie.....  but I thought it was good Info to tell you the truth.

I know what your saying about the low scores...   I'm shooting the lights out on the course and enjoying every second of it.....lol

I've been thinking why am I shooting these low scores one after the other like this.... and came up with.... It's Thanksgiving Holiday over there....  Wgt is on Holidays.

Yeah I know what ya's all thinking...  I'm stupid...lol    

Let Wgt be on Holidays more often I say, so I can keep getting real low scores

-Roger

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 2:22 AM

burchell123:

burchell123

Nov 26 16:08 (MST)

iv'e been a tour legend for a long time and are pretty good on here.for some reason my scores seem to be decreasing lately the better i play?.just wondered if this is a bug or updated v.e.m. or someone from your team blatantly cheating me to get my scores down.i have never cheated here,you can check all my rounds.cabo 1000 in last 3 days 8- 8- 10- on front and hit just as good on the b9 and get crapped over by you guys and finished with 3 58's.this is slowly happening across a lot of rg's.i don't mind losing or playing bad but at least let me make my mistakes instead of screwing me over on purpose guys 

Does anyone have any idea what this response has to do with my question to WGT support?

Couldn't get more automated,do they actually read any?

ROCKY

hi

I'll check about your reply but i suspect someone ate too much turkey... been there done that!

as to answer your questions: no one is treated differently. you just had a bad day or a round or a week (in my case) sometimes, i can't make anything and other times everything falling. there is no reason for us to favor anyone, none whatsoever.

-wgticon

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 6:34 AM

MBaggese:

Burch...you're turning into a CIB...a very good player who now is complaining of shooting/posting a good score ...and being "manipulated".

Give it a rest.

58 isn't a bad score,the problem was i managed to play better on the b9's for a best 5- across 4 rounds there,getting a bogey on the back 3/4 rounds.3 putted one on 14 from 4.8ft out,bit of bend but played high hit it 4.8ft.lipped out back edge and rolled 7ft past.so because of the lipout my 4.8ft moved 12ft?

As for give it a rest,the forums are here for us to voice our opinions and i voiced mine.NOT even my wife or own mother get's me to shut up bud

Thanks for respose icon,appreciate it.i did manage to break the back yesterday no vem hit a 56,maybe my lucks turning ;-)

ROCKY

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 8:05 AM

You're still my hero Rocky :)

RSS