Forums

Help › Forums

Re: requirements to move up a tier.

Sun, Dec 23 2018 3:09 PM (35 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 4:52 AM

DoctorLarry:
    My average was 69.2 after what turned out to be my last round as Tour Pro.  I suppose this was one of those rare situations.
    The modified threshold might point to some credit winnings to have counted in. But, again, nobody knows for sure, and your earnings of only 555 cr aren't convincing.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 7:48 PM

alosso:
    The modified threshold might point to some credit winnings to have counted in. But, again, nobody knows for sure, and your earnings of only 555 cr aren't convincing.

Oh, I agree - that's why I was curious about the numbers.  I had read the 67 average before as being the requirement for Master, so I figured I had plenty of time to learn the newer balls and clubs before I could knock two strokes off my average.

Yeah, you are correct that my credits earned are nothing to write home about!  I started dinking around on mobile in mid-January 2018 (playing those 1-hole coin games) and did not even realize there was an online/PC game until late January.  Even then I mostly practiced on the easier courses and did not enter a tournament for quite some time.  I finally played some CC tourneys, but they were not sorted by tiers, so I rightfully got clobbered by guys like you that play so well.  It has only been in the past month that I got a few credits from tiered WGT tourneys - the rest apparently were from tiering up earlier (Master earned 150 and I recall the earlier tier-ups paid lesser amounts).

Just an oddity, I guess.  Maybe it is my good looks...............;)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 10:35 PM

DoctorLarry:
      It has only been in the past month that I got a few credits from tiered WGT tourneys
    This would have a certain influence, opposite to the tiering "gifts".

• JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 11:13 AM

Question....I thought there was a Ranked Round / Ave requirement for every tier to advance, but I've seen an Amateur AND a Pro with no score history at all and 150 averages.....from my understanding, they should still be Hacks. Has the requirements changed or was I seeing things?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 1:27 PM

The advancement protocol is different in the mobile app. A player could play the coin games ad infinitum and stay at a 150 average, simply by never playing a ranked round. Thus in the mobile game a player moves up in tier based on playing history and level.

I played a coin game a while back with a 150 average Legend!

• JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:54 PM

Thank you K7....I've been a WGT member awhile and didn't know that.....learn something new every day.....thanks again....Jim

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 4:25 PM

alosso:

DoctorLarry:
      It has only been in the past month that I got a few credits from tiered WGT tourneys
    This would have a certain influence, opposite to the tiering "gifts".

Well, it happened again.  Moved up to Legend today with an average of 62.62. 

However, I think we can confirm the effect of WGT tournament performance on tiering up.  Today was also the day I got the notice of winning Week 47 9-hole unlimited play and finishing in 3rd in Week 47 9-hole single play - just prior to the notice of tiering up.  All three notifications came within seconds.

As before, I was not ready to tier up - trying out different balls again and now it gets harder and my average will go to pot!!  Tearing up again........

Just thought I would update the info about tournament effects on tiering up.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:02 PM

Congrats for arriving at the tips!

DoctorLarry:
    However, I think we can confirm the effect of WGT tournament performance on tiering up.  Today was also the day I got the notice of winning Week 47 9-hole unlimited play and finishing in 3rd in Week 47 9-hole single play - just prior to the notice of tiering up.  All three notifications came within seconds.
    It confirms our long-time knowledge (and probably a former WGT announcement) that winning credits contributes to the tiering process. Alas, no formula available.

Furthermore, while matchplay wins would drop the average, the credits won won't be visible in that number but lead to offsets like yours.

DoctorLarry:
    As before, I was not ready to tier up
    Yes you are! 

Thou shalt not rip off your peers!

DoctorLarry:
    my average will go to pot!
    Shouldn't be a worry of yours - you're good enough, and saturation will take care of that, after a mere 500 rounds ;)

• opusx69
    30 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2018 6:08 AM

Is there a way to see my scoring average only while being at the Legend level?

RSS