Forums

Help › Forums

Re: OMG New clubs PLEASE

Tue, Nov 4 2008 9:34 AM (7 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 8:02 AM

If you are going to move the 'Amateurs' back to the next tee block, at least give us a better set of clubs or upgrade the distances on the set of clubs we have!  Some of the holes are outright ridiculous now! 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 8:29 AM

Well, you didn't expect the jump to amateur to be easy did you?  ;)

I know that once they have a new club set ready, we'll be the first ones to get them.  Until then, it's good practice to have a more challenging set of holes to play on.  I mean really, I was averaging 58-59.  What real golfer has that kind of average?  I think we can realistically expect our scores to rise.  Everyone in the Amateur division is facing the same circumstances, so after a short while, the averages will sort themselves back out.

Good luck out there.

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 10:09 AM

I do agree that the scoring is aggressive... however there is no 'incentive' at this point to being in the amateur class.  All I am looking for some addedd benefit for playing well... maybe they could tighten up the (quote-unquote) randomizer to give at least a feel of being a little better than the Hack class.  Instead of being penalized for being a little better.  Or even... bump the Hack class back to the tees that we are playing if you want the scores to be a little more realistic.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 11:12 AM

I would agree with the incentive statement.  As long as there is a clear division of tiers for tournaments, I'm cool with it.  As it stands, I can see Hacks winning most of the tourneys now, and that isn't right.  I was locked out of this weeks tournament until yesterday, and now there's little to no chance I'll be shooting a 30 to tie or beat first place.  Shooting that kind of score took a good day anyway.

All in all, lets just keep doing as we do, and let the WGT feed us more things as they become ready.  Despite its current limitations, it remains the best golf game out there, and certainly the best flash-type game on the planet.

• GuyONelson
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 11:44 AM

But as long as the AMATEUR class is offered tournaments with better prizes than the HACKS, I'm fine with it.  I just need to figure out how to get AMATEUR status!  Obviously, play more & get better scores... but what else?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2008 5:36 PM

Yes, you are correct, Hacks and Amateurs have their own divisions in the tournaments, so all is fair that way. 

• SERGI0GARCIA
    19 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2008 9:27 AM

tbh... if u get new clubs then what difference is it, i mean if u are hack to are further foward...but cant hit as far.

but if you are amateur then u are further back (and with new clubs) you will hit further so there is no challange or difference,

for example, in real golf, the pros and amateurs dont hit to dis-similar distance wise...

i think its good this way, the pro clubs should only hit a few yards long, much more spin and you should be able to shape the shot left to right, also stance wise like the old WGT

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2008 9:34 AM

I agree, as it stands, no need for new clubs, but as we move to further tees, we will need professional clubs.  Right now, the driver is rated for 225 yds, and professional golfers hit 300+ on their drives.  The professional clubs should also have much better backspin and control, so the ball goes where it is aimed on perfect shot evry time.

RSS