Help › Forums

Re: Changing balls during the game

Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:41 PM (52 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:08 AM

VDeMartine:

srellim234:

When you reach the hit limit for the ball you are using it will be replaced automatically with a new ball of the same type and color.

Would Ball washers increase life expectancy if placed around the courses?  Just saying

That's probably the best suggestion I've ever heard. By Thai ladies preferably but in aid of privacy it should be done in a cubicled tent using perfumed warm water. Not every man is willing to drop his trousers in public.

• BillyHighbeams
    297 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:58 AM

I think and I hope the Management will strongly consider this option it should be an easy program fix and that is when you run out of your last ball that your playing you should have the option to 1). purchase another sleeve of the same ball or 2). have the option to use any of the other balls that you have in your bag and not just automatically go to the unlimited style balls, since we have already paid for those balls in our bag and eventually you will run out of balls in your bag and will have to purchase balls unless you desire the unlimited style balls which most don't.  Please think about it this would make a wonderful option for all your loyal WGT players. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:00 AM

BillyHighbeams:

I think and I hope the Management will strongly consider this option it should be an easy program fix and that is when you run out of your last ball that your playing you should have the option to 1). purchase another sleeve of the same ball or 2). have the option to use any of the other balls that you have in your bag and not just automatically go to the unlimited style balls, since we have already paid for those balls in our bag and eventually you will run out of balls in your bag and will have to purchase balls unless you desire the unlimited style balls which most don't.  Please think about it this would make a wonderful option for all your loyal WGT players. 

1 Never start a game with only 1 ball to play with . Also there is a difference between the ball in your bag and the balls in your inventory . Whatever ball or balls that you start with thats what you have in your bag the other balls are in your inventory and not your bag .

2 The game gives you the option to check your gear before you start play so you can make any needed club or ball changes that you need . The game also gives you the option to buy more of the same ball that you have chosen to play with . So all faults are on the player when they run out of balls during play .

3 If you would have started reading this thread from the beginning then you should have seen that its over 3 years old . Also if you use the search >>>>>> you will find threads on this topic that are even older . My point is simple , if after 3+ years no change has been made concerning this matter then no change will be made concerning this matter .

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:00 AM

BillyHighbeams:

have the option to use any of the other balls that you have in your bag and not just automatically go to the unlimited style balls, since we have already paid for those balls in our bag

I highlighted the problem word.  Bag.  When you equip your bag with clubs you also have to choose a ball.  That type and only that type of ball is in your bag.  The rest are in your locker or garage, certainly not in your bag.  Just the same as if you have 2 drivers and only 1 equipped the other is not in your bag and you cannot reasonably expect to be able to use it on the course.

Why do you believe you can use balls you are not carrying around with you?  WGT allow you to carry on the the free ball, that's better than forfeiting the round isn't it?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:57 AM

+1 MM

In detail, the bag is locked during the game because we must not exchange clubs.
    In WGTland, this also locks the ball type - a wee detail where this computer game differs from the real world (unless you think of the One Ball Condition). I see well that this is a bonus for the company but this is certainly included in the price calculation.

Excuse me, Billy, for quoting only a short phrase...

BillyHighbeams:
    eventually you will run out of balls in your bag and will have to purchase balls [...]

It should be an easy decision whether to pay for more balls or to quit/accept a low quality ball. After all, it's only a computer game. In any leisure game the Starter balls fly (almost) as well, and if you dislike them you may restart immediately with a different ball. OTOH, if something important is at stake like a match or a good single play round, it should not be a problem to invest some credits - a different ball would reduce game quality as well.

• BobbyJones64
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 3:57 AM

ApexPC:

If you choose to not get another sleeve, and then hit that last ball OB, in the weeds, or in the water - you had a chance to avoid the "One Ball Condition" situation.

Under the 'One Ball Condition", when a WGT player runs out of the ball brand/type the round was started with, WGT gives the player a free if low performance ball to finish the round with.

Replacing your higher performance ball with a rock is also a violation of the One Ball rule. So I guess it is OK to violate the rule if it is in WGT's favor. Besides, opting for the One Ball Condition is one of WGT's choices, it does not have to go with the strictest interpretation of the rules. It goes to the heart of the issue, WGT is about making a profit, not about providing fun entertainment for their customers.

My problem with the rule is that when I am using a ball that I won as a reward, and I don't want to spend the exorbitant amount of credits to renew that ball or because it is an inferior ball to the one I usually play and have in my bag, I am either forced to spend hard earned credits or replace that ball with an illegal WGT Starter.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:40 AM

BobbyJones64:
    My problem with the rule is that when I am using a ball that I won as a reward, and I don't want to spend the exorbitant amount of credits to renew that ball or because it is an inferior ball to the one I usually play and have in my bag, I am either forced to spend hard earned credits or replace that ball with an illegal WGT Starter.

Maybe you should consider spending easily earned credits. It might make the expense more palatable. :-) 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:58 AM

option # 3- Forfeit  -This option is for those who are tight a**es that won't accept charity  and finish the round. Who plays a round and not anticipate something going wrong - loosing a ball to OOB or Water?

I've been wrong before, but I think the USGA Rules says, "if you can't finish the round because of the lack of equipment you must forfeit" at least WGT gives you the ability to finish your round.

Siders Best

• F6bTom
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:36 AM

MBaggese:

SplashLewis:

ScottHope:

Once you have started a game you cannot change your equipment during that game. The only change that may occur will be if you run out of paid for balls, in which case you will automatically be switched back to the WGT free ball (amusingly referred to in these forums as a 'rock').

Which is BS because i have various other balls of similiar specs.  Why potentially jack up my round by putting the worst ball in play?

You have the option, once on your last ball, to buy another sleeve...if you choose not to it's on you...not BS.

Yes.  BUT!  It will automatically buy the same ball you are playing.  What if you want a different (purchased) ball?  If you have started with your last 'purchased' ball and during the game it goes in the water, AND you have a different 'purchased' ball in your bag, you DO NOT have any choices!  The 'rock' will automatically be your next ball even tho you have 'purchase' balls still in your bag.  SUCKS!!! 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 3:20 PM
    F6bTom:

MBaggese:

SplashLewis:

ScottHope:

Once you have started a game you cannot change your equipment during that game. The only change that may occur will be if you run out of paid for balls, in which case you will automatically be switched back to the WGT free ball (amusingly referred to in these forums as a 'rock').

Which is BS because i have various other balls of similiar specs.  Why potentially jack up my round by putting the worst ball in play?

You have the option, once on your last ball, to buy another sleeve...if you choose not to it's on you...not BS.

Yes.  BUT!  It will automatically buy the same ball you are playing.  What if you want a different (purchased) ball?  If you have started with your last 'purchased' ball and during the game it goes in the water, AND you have a different 'purchased' ball in your bag, you DO NOT have any choices!  The 'rock' will automatically be your next ball even tho you have 'purchase' balls still in your bag.  SUCKS!!! 

Always make sure you have a sleeve of the ball you’re playing before you start a round. That’ll avoid problems..
RSS