Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Picking a club set

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:37 PM (5 replies)
  • houston601
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 2:31 PM

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions regarding club sets. First off, are different sets available based on your status? Secondly, what set would you recommend for an amateur status? I just joined the site and am really liking it, but I would like to impropve my game and status!! Thanks  :)

• bpierce749
    116 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 6:25 PM

use the wgt clubs you have until you get to the pro tier and then buy a putter (redwood or daytona) and driver. best  way to do it.

bpierce

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:14 PM
    Don't forget a 64 degree, many top players use one and you can get the best one's at pro tier. Even without spin balls, you can stop them on a dime with a full swing... and spin them back with spin balls.
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:33 PM

To answer your question yes. Certain club sets are not available at certain levels.  Bpierce is right, once you make pro look at only getting a driver and putter. There are usually 2 major preferences. When I was a pro I bought the Daytona Putter and the Ping Rapture. There are many who will say that the Rapture is great but once you make master you need a driver that drives further. This is correct but the meter speed on the Rapture cannot be touched. GL and if you have more Q, just ask away!

• houston601
    2 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:37 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help and suggestions. :)

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 6:04 PM

The upgrade WGT tour and tour pro irons are very cheap and very usable. (I rocked an orange set for a long time :) )

I agree, your best 'play' is to wait until you get to pro status to buy new clubs, but hey with the sale going on currently, why not get the best "pro" clubs as soon as you get there?

RSS