Forums

Help › Forums

Re: JUST CURIOUS!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 14 2010 1:44 PM (4 replies)
  • drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:21 PM

Are there any country clubs out there where more than the same 3 people always finish in first. Where you see a multitude of people placing top three!!!   (a bit exaggereted on 3 people, but im sure you know what i mean)

DREW

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 10:46 PM

Drew, I have just created a new club where some of the tournaments will be played by tier (ranking) only.  This will allow for more opportunity to place or win.  Come check us out.

Masters Golf Association

Yokosaki

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 1:10 AM

Until tiered CC events are introduced properly, this will always be a problem. In our CC, it is pretty commonplace that the same five faces will cycle through winning most tournaments. Given we have over 100 members, we do well to get over 20 entrants to a tourney. Hopefully the upcoming changes (if thought through sensibly) will level the playing field somewhat to encourage more people to have a go.

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:33 AM

recently i tried to set up my CC tournies like this, so i can spread the wins out, but finding not many people play them, but wanted to spread wins and credits out. 

Here is a pretty rough sketch for tournies about to start happnin next week!!!!!

This will go for every week there after the first week as well

Each tourny from pro to master will have the same settings!

M = masters,    this is the only tournament masters can play in

P= Pros, That is the only tournaments pros can play in

Free Tournaments + Premium Tournaments (which will be set up in respective catagories, with the same set up for both!

1.  On Mondays a Tourny will start and last three days till Wednesday

a. pro tourny (P)   --- 10 creds (if want more let me know)

b. master tourny (M)   ---  15creds (" ")

this will be the easiest or so called easiest of the tournies

2. On Wednesday a Tourny will start and last three days till Friday

a. pro tourny (P)  ---  20creds (" ")

b. master tourny (M)   --- 30creds (" ")

this one will get harder 

3.  On Thursdays a Tourny will start and last three days till Saturday

a. pro tourny (P)   --- 25creds (" ")

b. master tourny (M)   --- 40creds (" ")\

this one will be even harder

4.    ( P + M )On Sundays a 24hour Tourny will start and last just that day!       This tourny will be          the hardest settings i can make, inlcuding tourny green speeds, high winds,                     anything to make it harder, so its representing The sunday of big tournaments......................THis tourny will be 75 creds and its only in the premium tournaments.  Pros and Masters will compete in this one, to mix the playing field up!

this one will be the hardest of them all

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 1:44 PM

Sounds like a pretty good layout.  I Post the tournaments like such:

MGA (PRO/AM) Shootout

MGA (MASTERS) Shootout

MGA (OPEN) Tournament

It seems to be working well for now.  Try to place the tier level in the name and discription of the tournament to eliminate problems.  Also, in my bylaws, I noted that any member playing in the wrong tier unless invited or ready open play is allowed is subject to disciplenary action.  Action being, first offense is warning, second offense is 3 day suspension from all club activities, and third offense is removal for non-compliance with MGA Regulations.

I open new tournaments daily so we have plenty to play, but having a set schedule is not a bad idea at all.  That will keep your members on there feet.

Good Luck,

Yokosaki

RSS