Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is WGT Ball Pricing fair? An objective viewpoint please

Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:15 AM (51 replies)
  • bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 5:05 PM

alanti:

I have hardly played this game over the last month for a number of reasons, and until now I never thought pricing was one of them.

But this weekend I bought 2 boxes of Titleist ProV golf balls (4 dozen) of about US $72 on sale. And this made me think, are the players at WGT really getting a reasonable price for the equipment we use?

These balls cost about $4.50 a sleeve which in fairness is about the orice I pay for a sleeve on here - seems fair?

In real golf I use a new ball every round (thats just me, then the ball is used for practice rounds/practice so it costs me about $1.50 a round and usually I do not lose a ball. But on WGT that same ball will last me  about three rounds, so suddenly WGT prices seem really good......or are they

Well a round in real golf takes about 4 hours - 4 hours playing this game I can use a entire sleeve - this is where it can become expensive and just looking at no WGT expenditure on my CC Bill is proof lol

So we can buy clubs pretty cheaply (although we never own anything) but the main revenue stream from players are balls. All well and good if we see constant improvements, such as courses (and I mean real new HD courses) but all we get is one per year these days and rehashes of current courses and new equipment to tempt our spending habits.

We cannot shop around for deals on balls as there is no competition, and anyone who has lived where there is a monopoly on anything will know they will get poor service and overinflated pricing.

I have always said, this game is not cheap to play at a resonable level, but can still be pretty good value entertainment compared to other types of entertainment but is it?

Wow you should see the price of fake equipment now !

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:15 AM

Besides the investment in equipment (isn’t over until I get to level 100). I spend about $20 a week in balls and pay to play tourneys. 

For me personally, this is an inexpensive investment for good entertainment.

RSS