Forums

Help › Forums

Re: AB's Putting Guide-My Secrets

Mon, Nov 6 2023 5:47 AM (87 replies)
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:40 AM
    AB thx for your share skills on green. It s always usefull see how other players play on green. I m more or less very close to your method but we play diff power on green. I already saw your video and i already saw u hit little bit aggressive then me.. u play one aim line closer then me. For a champ 13 i use 0.62.. 0.66 is around a turn 12.. 0.68 > 11.5. This is my parameter but u know it depends by the hole position. Sometime for 10 fters putt i use the same distance in every green. Keep going and don t listen haters 😉
  • dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 6:49 AM

I agree keep doing what you do we appreicate the videos and tips  thanx  AB.

• GreatScot77
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:22 PM

The .xx numbers are adjustments for faster greens. Example: a 10 ft putt on a normal green you would hit as 10 feet on your meeter. A 10 foot putt on a faster green would be multiplied with the speed adjustment (.xx). So a 10 foot putt on a green with .68 adjustment would be 10 x .68 = 6.8. You would then hit your 10 foot putt by hitting 6.8 feet on your meter. Hope that helps.

• BigTrap
    29 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 9:15 AM

Thanks to everyone for the great information! I've been on here for years but want a simple formula for better putting. I use go to ball,aim,try for the ding. Does it work for better scores? No not really but what are you gonna do right? Happy New Years everyone.

• jobycat
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:28 PM

I dont know if this is in the forums but I will ask anyway. I have played with a 2 foot gimmy for awhile. I dont care if other players dont like me taking a gimmy, I dont care. Dont play if you dont like the game. Anywho. I have played a few folks that have like a 5foot or longer gimmy. What Gives ??? How do you get that any am i missing something?? I play almost exclusively the wgt mobile on my laptop if that matters. Just wondering

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:46 PM

jobycat:
    . I have played with a 2 foot gimmy for awhile. I dont care if other players dont like me taking a gimmy, I dont care. Dont play if you dont like the game.

jobycat:
    Anywho. I have played a few folks that have like a 5foot or longer gimmy. What Gives ???

Lol

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:56 PM

DodgyPutter:

jobycat:
    . I have played with a 2 foot gimmy for awhile. I dont care if other players dont like me taking a gimmy, I dont care. Dont play if you dont like the game.

jobycat:
    Anywho. I have played a few folks that have like a 5foot or longer gimmy. What Gives ???

Lol

LOL x2

When I have an affair, it's a romance. When you do it, it's an adultery.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 10:18 AM

jobycat:

I dont care if other players dont like me taking a gimmy, I dont care. Dont play if you dont like the game. Anywho. I have played a few folks that have like a 5foot or longer gimmy. What Gives ??? How do you get that any am i missing something?? I play almost exclusively the wgt mobile on my laptop if that matters. Just wondering

Hmmm... it's possible that they don't care if you don't like them taking a gimme. Maybe they think that if you don't like the game you shouldn't play. But that's just my guess.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 10:03 AM

A whole lot of information but I still don't get it.

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 12:53 PM

Short version:

be very precise with the math.

don't die it in the hole.

don't aim at the front of the hole on breaking putts but aim at the side as you visualize the curve 

err on the high side.

better to slightly miss the ding into the break than to miss it with the break. 

putts aren't equal. a 10 foot putt dead up the hill is better than a 10 foot pin high putt on a sidehill lie. landing spots matter.

RSS