Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why don't you win more credits to buy equipment?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:28 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kidmeister
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:18 AM

Seems to me this game is trying to get money out of you instead of concentrating on playing the game!I'm a pro with 21 credits and $1.54!The clubs are 400 or so credits each!Seems to me it's rather lobsided towards paying money to better your game!Why don't you win more credits!Surely the better the game play the more people would play it?Or is it set out to keep the number of players low?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 4:33 PM

It's set up to make a profit.  WGT is a legitimate business, like your neighborhood grocery store, bank or auto dealership.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 4:37 PM

Well, maybe the auto dealership isn't legit and the bank received TARP funds.  1 out of 3 isn't bad...

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 4:51 PM

You really think they made this game with the idea that people could play it for free?

No chance.  They want something back for their effort.  Respect it.

• torch2k
    18 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:28 PM

You can't play this game for free?  Did I miss something?

I played for free all through the Hack and Amateur levels, and could have continued to do so without spending a dime once I reached Pro.  I only pulled out the plastic because I thought it would be nice to have the tools to advance to a higher level.  No-one forced me to do that, though.

My investment at this point is no greater than what I would have paid for software alone for many other games, and there's no monthly fee.  I can play as much as I like for free until I drag my performance to the next level.  Then, I can decide for myself whether I need a better set of sticks to excel at the game.  (In advance, I'm thinking yes, and contemplating R9s)

Love WGT!  AND hate it, too, lol.  Just like the real game, which is what makes a good sim.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:28 AM

overthetop2:
    You really think they made this game with the idea that people could play it for free?

but you can play it for free. you dont even need an account!

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 4:47 AM

eternalspirit:

overthetop2:

but you can play it for free. you dont even need an account!

Is it really the same when other players in your tier can drive 260 and spin it back and you're stuck with 225 and not making par 4's in 2 with 2 great shots?

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 7:43 AM

Nope not fair at all.

But your not stuck at 225.  All you gotta do is pony up some cash like the majority of players here and get some better sticks.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:48 AM

99.9% of the people on this site shoot better than their real-life averages.  So why worry about what equipment you own or don't own?  You're still a better golfer here than you'll ever be at your local course!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:31 AM

The coins here have many faces. My lowest 9 hole score of 27 was at Kiawah backside using free everything. It seemed easy. Hit every fairway, every green and 9 putts. The better clubs have yet to yield such love.

• PAGES
RSS