Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Missed birdie

Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:36 PM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Oct 8 2014 3:17 AM

Agree with you Alan, mine last two post was just to share.

Just pissed off, usual anytime when putt session for a birdie close as a lip out like that but this is the story of my career here in WGT and I think I will maybe never found the key to make the great quality jump.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:09 AM

Back again for another missed birdie.

This time after a recovery due to a not good drive, approach on the donwside fairway before the green on hole #5 at Olympic Club, choose to punch this one away, the replay speak for itself. I should guess it hit the flagstick, never thought a lip out with a passing "over".

Close the par, indeed.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:00 PM

Dust off another thread.

This time this pearl came from Royal St George's hole #15. Never happen to me to see a sane gravity movement to the cup stop by something that couldn't be explain even by a physician.

Incredible.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:47 AM

Hi!

Not only dusted off, RSG is getting polished too. I've never had one this far in, but out! Camera behind the hole shows it best. The tenth hole, Royal St. George.

It happened again on another hole, I forget which one, but I was so pissed off I couldn't be bothered with a replay and hit the clubhouse.

More dusting to do I fear, Cheers!

Rich.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 6:26 AM

I think the reason for seeing these things has been discussed enough.  The overlaying of the photo over the programmed hole is pretty well known by now.

I just wanted to say how shocked I was shortly into the thread.  I didn't realise it was so old when I went back to page one.

A few posts in a ghost appeared.

Miss you Dennis :  ((

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:00 AM

Frankel and Rich,

Both those were pretty crazy.  It looked like the side door was nailed shut.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 10:05 AM

IMO both putts were hit too soft, hence so much more break was applied at the end and such unfortunate results.

I had a nice one too.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:36 PM

That was crazy also Icon.  Perhaps just a bit too firm?

RSS