34 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 3:34 PM

thanks for the tip king

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 3:43 PM

I have to recommend the following at your level

1. Ping Rapture Driver

2. Daytona Rossa Putter (better than redwood)

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:05 PM

Sargenjd01:

I have to recommend the following at your level

1. Ping Rapture Driver

2. Daytona Rossa Putter (better than redwood)

I'd take the WGT tour Pro over the Rapture anyday, and as far as the putter goes, redwood anyday.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:37 PM

King's X here Austin. You already have a decent driver unless you just bought it. You're obviously doing half way decent with the starter putter so you're in a position to make another choice.

All the advice on the putters is right on but if you're doing OK with the starter why not hold off a bit and splurge on a few Satin wedges? Then you get good at sticking the pins, making the putting easier, and your next bunch of credits could go for that putter. Just another idea.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 2:31 PM

I guess me and king differ. I guess a lot is preference, mine is the exact opposite on the driver and putter. Now as for the Satin wedges, I have to agree with YJ, at times I will put an extra wedge in my bag and leave the fairway wood out.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:10 PM

Sargenjd01:

I guess me and king differ. I guess a lot is preference, mine is the exact opposite on the driver and putter. Now as for the Satin wedges, I have to agree with YJ, at times I will put an extra wedge in my bag and leave the fairway wood out.

Dont worry, me and YJ differ too and were good friends lol

• PAGES
RSS