Forums

Help › Forums

Re: US OPEN vs WGT US OPEN

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:21 AM (9 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:49 AM

Ok this is probably posted somewhere else, somewhere else like 50x, but did anyone else think Strickland got metered twice on #2 and needed to reboot!!!  Also I saw an approach on #5 roll 4 ft to the hole.  The player just taps it (and I thought too much break need to hit harder buddy) and sure enough he lips out!   EXCELLENT JOB BY WGT replicating this course.  I NEVER watch golf, NEVER, maybe Sunday Masters but thats it.  I enjoyed watching the final 9 holes Sunday afternoon.  As WGT's #1 critic I think its fair to say, well done sir,  well done indeed!!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:24 PM

TurkishTerror:

Ok this is probably posted somewhere else, somewhere else like 50x, but did anyone else think Strickland got metered twice on #2 and needed to reboot!!!  Also I saw an approach on #5 roll 4 ft to the hole.  The player just taps it (and I thought too much break need to hit harder buddy) and sure enough he lips out!   EXCELLENT JOB BY WGT replicating this course.  I NEVER watch golf, NEVER, maybe Sunday Masters but thats it.  I enjoyed watching the final 9 holes Sunday afternoon.  As WGT's #1 critic I think its fair to say, well done sir,  well done indeed!!

can't understand why they did not shoot in 50's and low 60's----apparently you can on WGT!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:45 PM

TurkishTerror:
    As WGT's #1 critic I think its fair to say, well done sir,  well done indeed!!

I have never seen you be critical of WGT lol. But yes, a great job and no Tracy, not too many 50's carded at the US Open, so next time we get a WTF moment just consider yourself lucky that we are not on the real course - I could envisage a few dozen broken clubs scattered along the course - cheaper to buy a new mouse!

Agreed, an excellent job done by WGT, despite some downsides, it remains a great game.

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:11 AM

Just add 10 shots to the score and its pretty accurate to real life scoring, no matter what course.

And yes, as Adam said, the course is great on WGT as in real life!

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:03 PM

The only problem I have with the course itself is that #12 and #13 don't have cameras behind the green. #13 isn't too bad without one, but  at #12 it is extremely difficult to line up your shot without the rear camera.

TracyMax:
    can't understand why they did not shoot in 50's and low 60's----apparently you can on WGT!

If we had to walk the course and play with millions of people watching us we probably couldn't either. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:07 PM

borntobesting:
    #12 it is extremely difficult to line up your shot without the rear camera.

Yes it is but if you look at those trees behind the green you can see why there isn't one. The view would be too high. They shoulda had a cameraman climb one of the  trees. LOL

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 2:23 PM

Some players make it pretty easy to take personal shots (but there is nothing to be gained by naming people) -

WGT did one fine job here! 

KUDO'S WGT  - When a TL talk about IRL Pros missing shots that 'our'  TL knew would break in a direction opposite of what the 'IRL pros" actually shot  - doesn't that tell you that WGT " has a CLUE"?

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 2:41 PM

borntobesting:
    at #12 it is extremely difficult to line up your shot without the rear camera.

This is true but I also didn't see the pros reverting to the rear camera view either.

Certainly playing real golf, you never have that advantage and only hacw the view from the tee or fairway and can only rely on the scorecard, local knowledge or a caddy if you have one. Yes the pros have their caddy who has walked the course and has detailed information on every nook and cranny, but being able to zoom in and see what is ahead is a huge advantage than visualizing it.

I have played new courses where you tee off blind, and hope like hell the scorecard has a map with some detail, if only I could zoom ahead then.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:10 PM

What do you think it would be like if they let the pro's use range finders? The real good ones with GPS coordinates? That would be interesting.  :-)

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:21 AM

YankeeJim:

What do you think it would be like if they let the pro's use range finders? The real good ones with GPS coordinates? That would be interesting.  :-)

Don't they use them in practice rounds to learn the course? I thought they did. 

RSS