Help › Forums

Re: Accessing "My Profile" starts a CTTH Game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:34 PM (3 replies)
  • Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:00 PM

The title states the problem.

If I click on "my profile" a window appears saying "get ready to tee off, WGT is played in a seperate window, click continue to start game" pressing continue takes you to the CTTH American Century Championship??

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 4:32 PM

Hey Mike,

We had a user with a similar problem a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a problem with cookie handling.  The user had his browser set to clear his cookies automatically and that was the cause of the problem.  Can you please check to make sure the same thing is not happening to you?

http://wgt.com/forums/p/15532/96439.aspx#96439

WGTCinder:
    If you are seeing that prompt every time you visit a players profile page -- it sounds like there is a site cookie that is not being recorded by your machine.  That prompt should only be shown the first time you visit your profile page at which time a cookie is written indicating not to show the dialog again. 

It sounds like a bug if it is appearing when you visit other players profile pages -- but once the cookie is written it should stop appearing.  Is it possible that you are selectively blocking WGT cookies or clearing your cookies every time you restart your browser?

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:01 PM

Hey  MIke,     I had and still on  occasion;  have this problem and what I figured it to be as Niv  said  is/   when you clear off  all of your cookies ,  you erase this certain cookie.  So your computer has to save the cookie again,  thus  sending you to  the Edgewood CTTH tourney.     So if you clean off your cookie list try to leave  WGT cookie and another I believe it is   Imo.im       something like that.   And that will cure that problem.      Thank the Computer Gods  for  Niv and his fellows.    Or  I would have been racking my brain forever, lol.

I hope this fixes the issue for you.

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:34 PM

Thank you both for that

RSS