Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Performance issues, meter stutters

Wed, Jan 29 2020 7:59 PM (9 replies)
  • RAC75
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:41 AM

WGT, if you are going to start charging credits to participate in tournaments then I suggest that you fix the issue with the jittry, choppy meter.  If you cant play the game at the level you are used to we are throwing away money to play in these tournaments.

I used to play pretty regular but I have not played much at all lately as it seems the meter issue is getting worse not better.

And it is not a performance issue on my PC as it is well equiped to handle these graphics, I can only see the issue being a bandwidth or server issue.

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:06 PM

Oh Meter, oh meter please be my friend, I'm still waiting for that stutter to mend,How much longer will i have to wait,? for you to return the ,time you were great..Our patients is wearing oh so thin,So buck your ideas up.so we can play and win!!.pftt

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:46 PM

Hi RAC,

It is neither a bandwidth nor a server issue.  All of the graphics are rendered locally in the flash engine on your PC. The server does not come into play while you are taking your shot.  When you swing it's you, your PC and your meter.  There is no communication with the server during the swing itself.  Communication does not resume until after the shot is hit.

If your seeing a constant stutter it means your frame rate is dragging.  Flash is a heavy application and not all PC's can run this game at the frame rate it requires.  I'd recommend doing anything you can to lower the graphics quality in the game (smaller windows, reduced graphics) to try and ease the burden on your graphics processor.

• mintpip
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:48 PM

I would also like to moan about the metre its doing my head in its just getting ridiculous

even when i am playing really well the metre decides to make a mockery out of my score its hard enough to make master with out this silly stupid metre.Well thats me finish with the moaning for now.

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:11 PM

Meter ,Meter ,Why are you so shabby,Your making players feel so Unhappy.WGT Needs to wave a MagicWand,And this meter problem will soon be Gone,

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:20 AM

WGTniv:
    Flash is a heavy application and not all PC's can run this game at the frame rate it requires.

What frame rate is required WGTniv?  Some screens more than other screens no doubt because of the amount of animation, but say just to animate the meter?  Thanks in advance.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:38 AM

I know how RAC feels, but it is not just the meter issue. I just completed 10 rounds of CTTH tournaments on 5 different courses with no meter issues. When I singed uo to play in the multiround, I not only lost the meter, but every shot and putt was in slow motion with balls stopping 3 or 4 times while in flight or rolling on the green. Went back to another CTTH and all was well. "Explain that".

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:12 PM

Meter is nice in CTTHs,

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:09 AM

For those of you having meter problems there are some things you can do to help it. It may not completely cure it but will definetely help.

1. Delete all out of adobe flash cache from time to time.

2. Delete cookies cache from time to time.

3. Open adobe flash global settings from 100k to 1mb.

4. All this information can be found at the bottom of your login page in the help/faq section.

When you click on it there will be an article on how to optimize your game. It helped me for sure

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 7:59 PM

STARDATE 01292020   This problem still exisits

RSS