Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wk 30 9-Hole Unlimited Play

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:27 PM (3 replies)
  • TYEDYE76
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 7:31 PM

I believe it is B.S.!!  That I filled the second place in the tourney PRO wk 30 9 hole unlimited play when clearly I was first ( I thought?) to the end. I was beaten by a master tier so I then became in second place. I thought Pro means Pro and Master means Master so why did a Master take first in a PRO tier?  Can someone please (WGTADMIN) tell me why a master can b in the pro tier and why I didn't take first place?

TYEDYE76

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:03 PM

He entered the tourney as a pro and had no advantage over you during the tourney.  If he becomes a master after entering, it's not his fault.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:14 PM

He had to have entered AS A PRO on Monday ( or whenever) since Master's cannot enter a pro-tier tournament.

He could have made the jump to Master with the first round he played, but would still be able to play the entire week .... with the stipulation that he can't use master-tier equipment. This happens all time. Any NEW tournament he enters would be at the master level.

As far as finishing 2nd, when you thought you had won? ... Read the tournament rules ( I know, that's a novel idea). There are several rules in place for tie-breakers ... can't have more than 1 winner. First it's the score over the last 6 holes, then the last 3, then it goes hole-by-hole. If it's still tied after all that, then the first to post the score is declared the winner.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:27 PM

Jeffdos924 & overthetop2 are exactly correct.  As a matter of fact you can check out the winners profile and you will see he entered the tourney on 7/19 and made master later that day.  It happens all the time, usually it's the newly minted master complaining that he can't use his newly purchased master equipment in a pro tourney.  So fear not, you were not cheated.

Here are the tie breaking rules if you want to read up.

RSS