Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lost ball

Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:38 AM (7 replies)
  • Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:59 AM

If I lose a ball in the middle of a round does a starter ball automatically replace the lost one even if I have GIs in my bag??

The answer appears to be "yes" which is what has happened and the swing meter has now doubled and completely farked my round.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 1:48 PM

Your ball will be replaced with the EXACT SAME kind of ball you've been playing (including color) if there are any more in your equipment list.  Otherwise you will default to the starter ball.

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:02 PM

That's what I thought, but it didn't happen.

One almost new ball, goes sailing into the weeds and I lose that -  fair enough it was a silly shot. I had only a few hours earlier discovered that the balls from the pro shop actually made a difference so I bought three but only got the use of one.

The replacement was a starter ball and consequently the swing meter almost doubled in speed and my game went downhill on the back nine.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:06 PM

Ancellotti, i think i found your Gl-s ball when i was looking for my G1-SD, if you can tell me what color it was, i;ll gladly gift it back to you....no questions asked.

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:51 PM

Brilliant, can you get my putter out of the lake too - I chucked it in there after averaging three putts per hole 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 2:21 PM

I found a putter in a lake!!........ and a wedge!. You never mentioned anything about wedges??

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:13 PM

I was about to drive the whole cart in there and leave it with myself sitting in there but took a deep breath and decided to practice more.

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:38 AM

Those GI balls with vapour trails are well over rated, I don't see they make a huge difference.

RSS