Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Range not adequate in certain scenarios

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 30 2009 4:57 PM (2 replies)
  • rushardin
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 9:56 AM

This may be user error, but I don't think so.  Frequently a scenario will arise where the putting range is not adequate for the distance given to the whole.  It seems to happen to me frequently on #5.  I will leave myself a 26 ft uphill putt and only be given a 30 ft range.  My most recent scenario was on the 18th for the April tournament.  I had a 54 foot putt that climbed a half foot and I also had a 10 mph headwind.  (This, unfortunately, is where I also learned you couldn't pitch from the green).  It cost me at least one stroke on the hole (and a few places in the tourney).  It would be great if we could change the range considering sometimes the converse occurs as well.  (60 ft range with a 15 ft downhill putt from the fringe).

That being said, I really love this game...thanks for the site.

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 4:42 PM

There have been many complaints about this subject. It should be addressed soon, atleast i hope. But in the mean time mess around with chips and what not to see what works best for you

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 4:57 PM

In the meantime, use a LW punch around 40%.  It's not the best option, but It'll give you the most consistent results and a small chance to go in the hole (which is better than no chance).  Just keep in mind you'll need to adjust that number depending on what clubset you are using.

RSS