Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Several bugs/"complaints"/findings

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 28 2008 6:47 AM (5 replies)
  • Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2008 2:51 AM

I started playing this game about two weeks ago and I immediately enjoyed it, because of the graphics and the very nice and intuitive controls. No download required, pretty smooth and quick. So I played ranked rounds and skill challenges, and sometimes I even managed to compile good results. I got a bit better and more confident. And this is when I started discovering some problems that are really annoying the more you play. 

1. tibbets already pointed out in another thread that the Bali Hai skill challenge is no fun, and I can only confirm that. For example hitting the green on the third hole is pure luck and has nothing to do with skill. I stopped playing this skill challenge, because it's too annoying to repeat the first two holes several times until I finally manage to hit the ball onto the third green. 
    2. Perfect hits: it appears to me that the left/right directional variation of a swing is highest when you compile a perfect swing. If you are only slightly out of center the swing result seems to be much more consistent than with a perfect swing. This is particularly also true for putts, where it is most annoying. I mean, e.g., the grid and the balls indicate that there is no break, you aim dead center into the hole, you hit it perfect, and the ball misses the hole by a few inches or even more. 
    3. Putting: all right, let's first make an exemplary example: I am 10 ft away from the hole, the balls on the grid are moving very fast and indicate a strong break. So I adjust my aim. Then the ball does only break slightly, but not at all that much as expected. The ball end up 3 ft from the hole, and now those little balls on the gris are only moving very slowly, so nearly no break is to be expected. I adjust the aim only very little, just to see my ball break quite a lot and miss the hole. This applies also to uphill and downhill indicators. They are not reliable, sometimes completely misleading. 
    4. Chips/Pitches: the arc, as far as I understand, indicates the ballflight and where about the ball shall hit the green with a good swing. Most of the time the arc is much shorter and the ball hits the fringe or even the rough, where it is slowed down so much that it does not roll onto the green at all. Pretty often I work around that using a full swing with the SW, because the results are much more predictable. 
    5. I still did not get an award for 5 birdies in one round (not consecutive birdies, but in total). 
    Looking forward to your comments! 
    Thomas

• Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 2:52 AM

I'm frustrated. Nothing happens, not even a comment. 

Thanks

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 7:21 AM

I wish I could reply to your points invidually, but I just don't have time this morning unfortunately.  Most of what you mentioned has been noticed and/or reported by other WGT players.  The staff is aware of the issues but the  important thing to keep in mind right now is that the game is still in "beta" which means basically that the game is still in it's preliminary testing phase.

Bugs, odd quirks and little issues like these are commonplace during beta testing phases and that's exactly why we're here.  We get to test this out before the masses and provide our own feedback which will ultimately result in a better game for all of us.

Just also keep in mind that everyone is dealing with the same issues, so at least we're still all on level playing field.  Keep the bug reports coming though, it definitely helps the community in the long run.

• VAbeach
    7 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2008 8:04 AM

One minor bug I've seen is that the chip distance with a 6 iron is less than the chip distance with a 7 iron. Looks like they have been transposed, based on the other chip distances that all fall in line.

• Wazuka
    26 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2008 2:49 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2008 6:47 AM

Is it only me, but it seems no matter where you are on the green the putting grid is the same 

RSS