Forums

Help › Forums

Re: bug? on #16 green in open

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 23 2010 5:24 PM (2 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 9:04 AM

Not sure if this is a "bug" more a mapping issue perhaps. Playing to the new pin on #16 St. Andy's in 1st. round of The Open, kinda just fanned at an approach shot left it well right of the pin. Ends up pin high, 21 ft. away, front view shows clearly putt should break right. I take a look at the reverse view, it shows the putt breaking opposite way. Aimed on the reverse went back to front view. Now looks like no way it can possibly break the way reverse says, so I aim the way front view says and make putt huh? I have never been so confused on a putt in my life. Anyone else get this putt? Niv can you just pop into that spot on #16 green? Thx. JB

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:20 PM

Hi jb,

Unfortunately, because we can only be exact down to a 1/2" there are going to be some places where the grid gives you a funky read.  Usually when you are seeing a read like that it means the ground is relatively flat.  As a player I used to disregard the break in most of those instances, hit it straight and just logged the result in the ol' noggin for next time. Call it the rub of the green if you will.  Being familiar with the greens gives you the advantage there, just like the pros. =)

I'll never be able to get to the exact same spot you were in, so next time you see a contradictory read on any green please right-click in game and send us a bug report describing the issue.  Your "coordinates" often go out 7 or 8 places AFTER the decimal point and this is need to know info when we are looking for things like this.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 5:24 PM

Thanks for reply Niv, yea already put this one in memory bank. Just did'nt want this to cause a problem, but of course anyone close to lead would'nt mess up like I did with approach in the first place. JB

RSS