Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Master Clubs..BEST

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:38 AM (5 replies)
  • Browning3
    102 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 5:49 AM

Just reached Master level and got the Ping i 15 Driver and club set.. Surprised to see how fast the meter moves and how samll the hit box is. Is that typical for all the master club sets and which clubs to you guys find to be the best.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:28 AM

Browning3:
    Is that typical for all the master club sets

No. They are the most accurate Master clubs but for 1/2 dot less in accuracy and a few yards the G10s are the same thing with a slower meter. Those and the TRI driver, so far, are the only clubs with that meter speed. Use any of the G series balls to slow it down. GL

• Browning3
    102 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:12 AM

Do u reccomend the ping g10 set or the taylor made master set?

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:34 AM

Browning3:

I think most pick and choose clubs, not many buy a full set of one brand.  Maybe I'm worng or I misunderstood the question.

-KIng

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:12 AM

Browning3:

In the long run the Ping's will score better for you because of their loft. They can handle elevation changes better than the TMs. I have both sets and switch between them, depending on the course. The TMs aren't quite as accurate but they have more spin, handle the wind better and forgive a little more. They do cause problems on some of the holes like BPB#5 and 7 because of the flatter trajectory.

Whichever way you go don't expect immediate results. There's a learning curve that you need to negotiate but it isn't terribly hard. Nothing you can't figure out in a few rounds. (That's why renting might not be long enough.) GL

@King-You can't pick and chose irons in  sets. I answered like he was just talking about irons , not full sets. Wedges are another case.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    @King-You can't pick and chose irons in  sets. I answered like he was just talking about irons , not full sets. Wedges are another case.

Sorry guess I misunderstood, when he mentioned the G15 driver I thought he wanted to know weather to but a TM full clubset or a Ping full clubset.  So my pick and choose comment was meant to be taken as most players use 2 or 3 different brands of clubs, not just one.

Hope the clarifys

-King

RSS