Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game Enhancement

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:04 PM (3 replies)
  • Notsofab
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 7:06 AM

I have noticed that if you play in a tournament that lets you replay your round as often as you like, the game only seems to record your LAST completed round only and not your BEST round.

So for example you complete a game on -2 then try again and get even par, you will drop down the leaderboard to the even par mark. Surely the game should retain your best effort rather than your last. The way things currently stand means you just quit rounds before the end to protect your place on the leaderboard?

Thanks.

Geoff

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 11:47 AM

Hi Geoff,

Your best score is the one that counts in unlimited play tournaments, not your most recent one.

• Notsofab
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 1:10 AM

Well in that case then I DO need to report a bug with the tournament scoring.

I had played the Week 30 9 Hole Unlimited play tournament and finished with a score of -2. I shared this info with my firends and fellow club members and they witnessed my score on the leaderboard of -2.

Later that week I played some more attempts but couldnt better my previous -2 score. However I never looked at the leaderboard because I knew I had done worse than before. Then my brother also shot a -2 but when he looked at the leaderboard he couldnt find my score on there. I then checked and found I was now showing a score now of -1, which I believe was my last attempt.

Sadly ( but fortunately for me ) I have now bettered both scores anyway so I am now at
    -3 on the leaderboard, but I dont want to risk completing any other rounds here now in case my score gets reduced again.

If possible can you please check to make sure that everyone's BEST scores are being retained.

Many thanks.

Geoff

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:04 PM

Hi again Geoff,

I can assure you that unlimited play tournaments only save your best score on the leaderboard.  We've used the same unlimited format for nearly 2 years now and nothing has changed in the way we take in scores.  We always have at least 2 unlimited play tournaments running at any given time and if there were an error with the score recoding we'd have a flood of complaints about it here on the forum.  I'm think that it's possible you were just looking at the wrong leaderboard.  There are a lot of tournaments running on WGT, so this is most likely explanation.

Hit 'em well =)

RSS