Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Open payouts

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 22 2010 4:28 PM (7 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:47 PM

What is the $15.00 shown on the USGA qualifying leaderboard and the $40.00 on the Virtual Open board? Is this for career earnings purposes or is it like other tournament payouts?  

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:54 PM

Hi Jim,

The $15 for the USGA event is the value of the USGA membership that the qualifiers won.  I would imagine the $40 for the Virtual Open qualifiers is the retail value of the Imperial Cap.

• Serj
    57 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 10:19 AM

Not everyone on the leaderboard who qualified is showing that $40 and it still reads nothing. Don't know if that matters whatsoever but thought I'd tell ya...

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 10:24 AM

Serj:
    Not everyone on the leaderboard who qualified is showing that $40

Interesting that it looks as though only the first 156 are listed as winning the $40 - instead of all those that made the cut

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 3:18 PM

ccrume:

Interesting that it looks as though only the first 156 are listed as winning the $40 - instead of all those that made the cut

I noticed that too and I guess for whatever reason the $40 won't be added to our career earnings.  Looks like the same thing happen to the last few qualifiers for the USGA Virtual Open.

I did get the prize confirmation email and sent that in, so I will be getting the hat.  It would have been nice to have the $40 added to my earnings though :-)...

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 3:47 PM

I received the USGA prize confirmation for membership and sent them an email. I was well within the 156 for that.

I did Not receive a single thing for the Virtual Open. In that qualifier I was "on the bubble" so to speak, being past the 156 number, but under the cut.(and showing 0 earnings)

WGTniv, could you find an explanation to this please. Will I get my St. Andrews hat or is everyone that is past the magical 156 number out of luck because of "the fine print"? I`m not concerned about my earnings so much as, I want my hat! :^D

Thanks

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 4:19 PM

mefitz, When I realized that I wasn't credited with the $40, I think I was around 170 on the list, I sent an email to members@worldgolftour.com to confirm that I would be receiving the hat.  They replied quickly and assured me that I would, 24 hours later(Tuesday) I got the email asking for my personal info so they could send me one.  It was titled Virtual Open Championship Qualifier!

Did you check your spam folder? I guess they could be staggering the prize confirmation emails or you might just want to send them one.  Good luck.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 4:28 PM

Thanks Mem11, I guess I`ll email them. I just checked and I`m 4 places below you on the qualifier, so that shouldn`t be the issue.

I did receive a congratulations email but, there was no personal info questions to reply to (like I Did get from the USGA), just the schedule for the Open...?

I`ve always gotten my emails from WGT and the USGA without any problems so...off to email them. :)  Thanks again.

RSS