Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual Championships

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:46 PM (7 replies)
  • BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 9:28 PM

I didnt qualify for the two round championship but would it be possible to see a replay of the champions two rounds? Maybe see their club selection and their couse strategy....i think a lot of us could benefit from watching the round unfold...i know i would watch it.......iknow a lot of the masters give out tips on how to attack certain holes but i would really like to see them in action

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 11:37 PM

Hi Ben,

I agree that would be a pretty nice feature, but unfortunately we do not have the ability to record a user's round at this time.  Thanks for the suggestion though. =)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 5:56 PM

WGTniv:

I agree that would be a pretty nice feature, but unfortunately we do not have the ability to record a user's round at this time.  Thanks for the suggestion though. =)

Hey niv, I was actually meaning to ask about this a long time back. 

Is this a concern of taking up space or what? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:13 PM

A one hour movie file is usually going to be around 300MB, but space is probably more of a secondary issue.

The recording would have to take place on the user's PC since graphics are not rendered on the gameserver.  All but the very best PC's would most likely fail miserably in the attempt as it would become quite difficult to even play the game.  Try using a 3rd party screen recorder and playing the game at the same time and you'll see what I mean.

A project like that would take an incredible amount of implementation for a feature that would probably only be used in very special circumstances.  I seriously doubt that this would be in the cards, but I'll never say never.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:17 PM

Easily understandable. Thanks man! 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:30 PM

Niv... any chance of getting the stats and scorecards for the two rounds of the winner?  That would give all of us (those who want to take a peek) a chance to compare ourselves to the champion... to see what it takes to win on Oakmont.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:37 PM

Not unless he saved them himself, no.  I'm pretty sure if you ask him he could recount both rounds shot for shot though.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:46 PM

Instead of creating a movie, just save each shot as a replay and play them sequentially, shouldn't take up 300 MB

RSS