Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Tiger Drop

Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:50 PM (29 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:05 PM

srellim234:

This puts a new wrinkle on things. It appears from the photographic evidence he did the right thing and didn't deserve any penalty at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

Hell it looks like he drops in 3 ft. from the spot that he hit his first shot in that camera angle!

I don't think Tiger broke any f'n rule to begin with.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:49 AM

srellim234:

This puts a new wrinkle on things. It appears from the photographic evidence he did the right thing and didn't deserve any penalty at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

Well, I'm willing to be convinced either way. But where was his caddy in all this? "Uhh, chief, just a word?"

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 6:24 AM

zagraniczniak:

srellim234:

Well, I'm willing to be convinced either way. But where was his caddy in all this? "Uhh, chief, just a word?"

the marks on the ground show how far back he dropped behind his divot from the 1st shot.

large pictures so open them in a new window/tab

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 6:42 AM

oilyrag:
    the marks on the ground show how far back he dropped behind his divot from the 1st shot.

Looks to me like this guy from Atlanta got his photos backwards. That divot says so. But where's the divot from the second shot?  LOL, get Sherlock here, we have the Case of the Missing Divot. :-D

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:13 AM

the Master's is over, Tiger did not win so can we get past this now and move on??

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:39 AM

This photo ought to settle it.  Two things are perfectly clear:

1. The divots show he moved back on the 2nd shot.
    2. He missed the ding on the 2nd shot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:53 AM

andyson:
    He missed the ding on the 2nd shot.

You think this has anything to do with the current ding/no ding thing going on? Ding=flagstick hose job; no ding = birdie.  LOL

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:44 PM

YankeeJim:

andyson:
    He missed the ding on the 2nd shot.

You think this has anything to do with the current ding/no ding thing going on? Ding=flagstick hose job; no ding = birdie.  LOL

If it was a Ready-Go, then I'm absotively posilutely sure it was a ding/no ding thing.,

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:50 PM

What about the VEM?????????

RSS