Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Club Tournament Problem

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:54 PM (1 replies)
  • dwarns84
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 1:22 AM

Hi, I created a tournament that has a fee to enter and a credit payout for my country club and when i go to play it, it says my country of origin does not allow me to participate. Other people in my country club can play it and their country of origin is the same as mine. USA. Whats the deal?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:54 PM

Hi dwarns84,

It is likely your state that is prohibiting you from playing pursed CC events.  Pursed Country Club events are subject to the same local and national skill-gaming restrictions as Ready-Go tournaments.  Basically, that means if you live in one the states listed below you won't be able to participate in Ready-Go's, Match Play Challenges or Pursed Country Club Events. 

The U.S. states that do not allow skill-based gaming are: Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont

If you live in one of these states you can still play in any of the free events in your club. In that case your club owner might wish to sponsor a prize that could be gifted to the winner.  Since there is no entry fee that is allowable.

RSS