Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New putter before US OPEN?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 21 2009 4:06 AM (4 replies)
  • FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 2:59 PM

Will there be another putter released before the US Open is played? If so or not, please let me know so I can buy the putter seperate from the set. Otherwise, I'll wait til either the new putter comes out or til I can buy a whole set of clubs. Thanks.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 3:08 PM

I wouldn't assume the US Open club sets will be the same as what we use here. The USGA is very much about fair play, virtual or not, and it doesn't seem like to me having people with different club sets will go over very well. That along with the current sets may not be able to reach some holes.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 7:47 PM

It's not a new putter that I need ..... but I sure could use a better, more consistent index finger :)

• FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 11:57 PM

Are the new sets in play for the skills challenge at Bethpage? If they are, I would think they would be in play for the Open.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 4:06 AM

nope... just using what we have.  On that note, if they do give us different clubs, I sure hope they give A LOT of time to get used to them!  I know it took me a while with the Pings, and I'm still not fully adjusted.

Lee

RSS