Forums

Help › Forums

Re: course awards

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 14 2020 9:18 AM (6 replies)
  • axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 2:03 AM

Just a question here  ..On profile hit awards then hit courses  then scroll down to the various courses.  

Is the number posted under current award  the best score you've gotten on that particular course?  

for example on mine  on St Andies the number 63 is there  so I take that as the best 18 round I had there  and correlate  that with the platinum award.

the only reason I ask is there are  I think 3 other scores  which don't correlate with the current award Ive received for that course

oak mount=65  /highest received award =gold

congressional=67/highest received award=silver

Royal St George=65/ highest received award=gold

Shouldnt all 3 of those be platinum awards?

Not that big  a deal with me about it but the extra experience would be nice if not counted for it  or AM I reading it way wrong?

Thanx

Greg

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:41 AM

hi

I think some of them maybe bad. If you post another 65 @ oakmont does it give you new award or is it stuck ?

-wgticon

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:06 PM

It's probably just a holdover from the problem with the awards from early last year, as I explained in the other thread you posted in the "Bug Log" on this exact same topic. 

Search "course awards" (use the quotes) and you will find the discussions about this problem right at the beginning of the search results.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 4:40 PM

srellim234:

It's probably just a holdover from the problem with the awards from early last year, as I explained in the other thread you posted in the "Bug Log" on this exact same topic. 

Search "course awards" (use the quotes) and you will find the discussions about this problem right at the beginning of the search results.

I think so too :(

-wgticon

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:30 PM

I do remember scoring those scores on these courses as they were some of my best.  Not sure what the date was I did it though.  I rarely check the awards status on mine so I wouldnt know if Id gotten one or not other than it coming up on the screen after the round is over.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 4:38 AM

I know this thread is old but didn't want to start a new one.

So, anyway, i was scrolling through the tournaments last night and noticed i hadn't played the wk 20 champion yet, so i fired it up and managed to hit a 56 at St. Andrews.(getting lucky with the putter)

Anyway, i was curious to know if that was my best score there as i rarely go low for 18 on any course. So, i looked up the course awards and here it gets funny, best score on the following-

St. Ands. - 46?

Oak- 46?

Cong- 46?

BOF- 46?

Merion- 46?

PB- 46?

Erin- 46?

WC- 46?

The rest of the courses seem about  correct so why are these strange 46s showing up for all these courses and do others also see these numbers?

I know these awards are pretty meaningless but it would be good to look them up now and again to give a target to aim at.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 9:18 AM

Nicole161106:

I know this thread is old but didn't want to start a new one.

So, anyway, i was scrolling through the tournaments last night and noticed i hadn't played the wk 20 champion yet, so i fired it up and managed to hit a 56 at St. Andrews.(getting lucky with the putter)

Anyway, i was curious to know if that was my best score there as i rarely go low for 18 on any course. So, i looked up the course awards and here it gets funny, best score on the following-

St. Ands. - 46?

Oak- 46?

Cong- 46?

BOF- 46?

Merion- 46?

PB- 46?

Erin- 46?

WC- 46?

The rest of the courses seem about  correct so why are these strange 46s showing up for all these courses and do others also see these numbers?

I know these awards are pretty meaningless but it would be good to look them up now and again to give a target to aim at.

Very odd and must be a glitch somewhere.  I noticed some of my courses had correct scores and some had 46s that could not be possible.

RSS