Re: For those of you Tiger Woods Fans

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 21 2013 8:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 4:29 PM

puttersman:

He is the best golfer who has ever lived, and will remain so for a very long time. His indiscretions are irrelevant. Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.

I'd say he's the very best current player by a long margin and second all time to Jack. What he does when he's not playing doesn't matter to me much.

4,099 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:16 PM

I don't root for Tiger.  Not because of his personal life or aloofness towards his adoring fans or club throwing temper tantrums.

I root for anyone else because I always pull for underdogs.  I'd rather see (fill in the blank) get his first major rather than seeing TW get his 15th.  All the better if at Tw's expense.  You go Y.E. Yang.

Obviously, I am disappointed most of the time.

"Be the right club today!" - Hal Sutton

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 4:20 AM

CerinoDevoti:

puttersman:

He is the best golfer who has ever lived, and will remain so for a very long time. His indiscretions are irrelevant. Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.

I'd say he's the very best current player by a long margin and second all time to Jack. What he does when he's not playing doesn't matter to me much.

He would have to be third then because Nicklaus could not touch Byron Nelson in his prime.

• SubGolf
    28 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:58 PM

Thanks andyson,

Spot on with your comparison of a real golf pro vs Tiger. I am a veteran myself and got chicken skin just watching the video with all those wounded heroes playing golf and healing from their ordeal. Jack Nicklaus is sure a hero to all those vetarans using that American golf course,yet you don't hear him bragging about it. Thanks again for sharing this video with all of us golfers who love the integrity of the game. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 7:38 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

'For those about to rock,,,FIRE!, WE Salute You!#@  FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK<

FIRE!!!!!!!!!! (450 yrd. drive) we salute you,,,,,,,,FIRE,,,,,FIRE,,,,We salute you,,,,,

yupps Bubba....These guys hit ding everytime

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:27 AM

borntobesting:
    He would have to be third then because Nicklaus could not touch Byron Nelson in his prime.

I wonder about his statement...I mean other than Jacks 18 majors, I think he finished 2nd in 20 majors?.

Yes, Nelson was very good, as was Snead, Jones, Palmer...etc...but even if...say anyone eclipses Jacks major wins...is he better than Jack?

\It's not auto racing, but if you gave points to then top ten finishers...hmmnnn;)

But just too difficult to compare "era vs era" players, in any spot...but what makes me think Jack could definitely compete against Byron, was equipment was essentially the same, sans the ballata ball that came later (big factor?...maybe), and with the advent of new equipment since the early 90's or so, that required lengthening course ...you just cant compare ...unless you have computer model...lol.

I say group the top 10 together,,,heck, was Aaron better than Ruth?...Bonds better than Aaron?  Softer balls in the 20's and 30's?

But better pitchers in the 60's and 70's...Roids in the 80's on up!...lol!

What makes us sports fans bicker like 8 YO's!

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:21 AM

agree 100%  great video

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 7:35 PM

Another very important factor when comparing players from different generations is the ball size. It changed from 1.62 to 1.68 I think in the 70's.

It takes more skill to strike the smaller ball accurately, and of course it has less spin.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 4:12 PM

Tiger just win another TPC  sawgrass, 78 victory on the PGA tour,congratulation to him.

I'm a big Tiger fan, i see him play three time on the British open, 2 times in England,  the  last time  in St Andrews 2010 in scotland.

• AGibbs1
    53 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 8:31 PM

Thanks for the share. Watched it from start to finish.

• PAGES
RSS