Help › Forums

Re: New Pings - Please slow them down

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 29 2009 5:53 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 5:26 AM

Why are you so argumentative about EVERYTHING tibbets. I didn't say you would shoot a 57 with them. Certainly implied it had alot to do with Lee's ability with the reflexes remark.

Just showing there is another side to these things, and not "that bad after all." People probably know my initial feelings on the set after your last rant directed at one of my other replies. So I would rather not go thru those details again. I know I will give these a second look though, because quite honestly I didn't think a 57 was possible with them.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 5:34 AM

LOL again!

You're being silly now.  You didn't think it was possible?  Why on earth wouldn't it be possible?  If you hit your marks and make your putts, one could shoot 54 with them too.  It's not like the clubs don't perform if you hit them correctly, of course they do.  But then, therein lies the trick...

Work with what you have.  If you can't make that work, the Pings aren't going to help you.

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 7:52 AM

I agree - I actually like the pings, but if people are having issues with the speed then don't use them and sacrifice their upsides.

I think the comprimise is WGT let's you use new purchase for say 9 holes before purchase.......

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 5:21 PM

I see no upside. the tour clubs are more accurate, you can shape shots, use them into the wind. 

One little mishit and the ball flys crazy off the pings. They are broken. I wish WTG would acknowledge this.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 5:53 PM

After forcing myself to stick to these irons for 2 straight days I now find myself sporting a sub-60 average for the first time ever.  Go figure.

It's like tibbets said before, if you're pinging all day (or missing 1 or 2 pixels on either side), these clubs will give you better results on the whole.  You have to decide if it's worth the trade off on missed shots.

Anything missed within the closest half of the forgiveness zone (at full swing) will be just ok.  Anything missed from the farthest half of the forgiveness zone on out will result in a terribly offline shot.

Yeah, it's better, but I don't think it's $17 better.  I still think the forgiveness zone should be widened slightly so that misses in the farthest part of the light blue will still be relatively ok.

• PAGES
RSS