Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Question about improving status

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:01 PM (4 replies)
  • Brahmabull
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:16 PM

Is the only way to improve to a new status (i.e. master) by playing ranked stroke play rounds?  Can you improve status by playing closest to the hole or tourneys?  Also, am I correct that I can only play ranked stroke play on BP B, Kiawah, and St Andrews?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:22 PM

Yes.

No on the CTTH, Yes on the tourney (it would be a ranked round.)

Yes but Oakmont counts too if you're playing a multi player round. That will be available after the Open for normal play.

• Brahmabull
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:29 PM

OK, Thanks.  One more question - does the difficulty level of the three course play a role in determining improved status? Is there a course rating for each course and does it impact the status?  Does this make sense?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:47 PM

Ahh, so YankeeJim, I can actually post my Oakmont U.S. Open qualifying scores of 55 and 56 and it will not affect my average?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:01 PM

Yes, Brahma, perfect sense and a logical question. No on the difficulty and rating. Some of the courses play easier and it is the topic of great conversation about playing the easy ones to force a tier change. Not a good move so for the most enjoyment play whatever you feel in the mood for. You really should master them all and have fun learning to do it.

As for that Seattle DMM guy, well if I were you I wouldn't post those scores. The sandbagger headhunters would be all over your butt. LOL Besides, that falls under ranked rounds anyway.  ;-P

RSS