Forums

Help › Forums

Re: LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 1:09 PM

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 1:14 PM

ryder cup conclusions .

One of the key recommendations of the 16 man panel was that "Tweeting after 2am when you're absolutely pissed as a fart may seem like a good idea at the time but is actually a really stupid idea which will get you into a whole heap of trouble the following morning."

The 400 page report also concluded that the whole team wearing the same sunglasses and looking like a cross between the Chilean Miners and Roy Orbison was a bad idea and must never be repeated irrespective of the endorsement revenue.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 2:24 PM

Good read Dneirf. I was born in a similar place. Northwestern Pennsylvania is a very beautiful place with four distinct seasons. Mountains, valleys, trout streams and great hunting. Winters can be brutal but we always get through it. I have been living in Georgia since 1981 when I got out of the Air Force. There are some beautiful areas in Georgia but nothing to compare to my Allegheny mountains.  My little home town of Bradford was known for the oil boom, used to be the home of Kendall oil. It still is the birth place and the manufacturing of Zippo lighters and Case knives. I worked at all 3 of these facilities until 1971 and decided I couldn't support a wife and a baby girl on $1.80 an hour. That was top wage. I enlisted in the military and the rest of my life is pretty much history.

Update on my racing grand kids. 

Taylor won the pro truck series for 2016. The first female in history to do this. She is currently testing with NASCAR K&N series to possibly move up to the big show. Her little brother Jensen is at this moment drving a duelie and pulling a big trailer with 2 legend cars in it and driving to Connecticut to try for his 3rd national title in Legends. I was never worried about letting my real self be known on here. I am not hiding from anything, no one is looking for me and I am just me. I have a WGT friend who traveled a long way to meet me. He saw exactly what I am  and got a chance to see my kids race.

That's Being Honest

Rich

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 3:15 PM

Dneirf:
    THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DNEIRF, THE ONE AND ONLY

With 10 "I"s it was nice to hear about you...and a good read, although was something of a travelogue, but enlightening all the same,

My only disappointment is your post will be buried in a lot of shite that came before and after this post

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 3:39 PM

Glad I read these last few pages, reminded me that the acorns are falling from the trees and I need to get out and get me a basket full!

LOL, who would have ever thought this thread, of all the threads here, would turn into this!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 3:47 PM

Riddle me this Bat Man ,

You have a can of  WD40 and 90210 on the tube , Toss in Reformed what a bee,s , ..

? 

OPY 

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 10:05 PM

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:19 AM

renniw52:
    Update on my racing grand kids. 

Taylor won the pro truck series for 2016. The first female in history to do this.

Brilliant! Congrats and big cheers!!

Let me add that she's only 19 and was a rookie in this class, a shooting star coming from "kids' races" (just kidding).

Way to go, Taylor!

Add some proud honesty of myself:

Just saw the first of my sons as a groom: He married a nice girl this weekend in the mighty cathedral of Palma de Mallorca, which was a great setting and the reason for a short and relaxing holiday trip to the south. And, they are talking about (my) grandchildren!

Actually, he's the second of three grown-up sons of mine. The big one is moving together with his girlfriend in Munich - first steps, and the third one is on his way to his first job after graduation - let's have a look what future brings for him.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:49 AM

HenryKawa:

Hello Everyone.  This is the "reformed" Henry.  

THIS IS ME NOW ↓ ↓  ↓  ↓

Truthful.. honest.. caring.. generous..respectful..polite..cheerful..loyal..intelligent.. down to earth.. supportive.. funny.. peaceful..genuine..nurturing..thoughtful..understanding.. good listening.. helpful..spiritual..charming.. forgiving..influential..conservative.. responsible.. loving..kind..faithful..appreciative..sympathetic..patient..

So, just to keep current: Dneirf is now the "One and Only"; replacing Henry, who used that title...Henry is now "reformed"? ...Roddy runs the "One and Homely"...and Opy was reformed, before being reformed was cool. 

gotcha,

ct

ps: Congrats Rich and Paul (Alosso)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:06 AM

Myself and a few friends played golf after consuming 100 mushrooms each. We didn't keep scores, mainly because we couldn't handle numbers in that state.

The standard of golf was terrible, what a laugh though. We all seemed to be using vividly coloured vapour trail balls which didn't cost us extra credits.

Dunno why that memory popped up but I thought I'd share.

Here's the honesty bit -

This week my doctor has confirmed that I have a condition called Marfans syndrome.

It is an incurable and usually fatal condition which affects all of the bodies connective tissue. Here's just some of the effects of Marfans -

Spontaneous rupture of the aorta

Breakdown of valves in the heart

Disconnection of eye lenses and Glaucoma

Degradation (causing severe pain and eventually total immobility) of all joints in the body.

Breathing problems.

There are more but I hate long lists.

It has been mentioned to me over the past 15 years or so but this is the first time I have had it confirmed. I've got to admit that I'm a little scared.

It has confirmed something I've been aware of for a long time; life's tough and then you die.

So I'd better get my finger out, I want to make TL and at least once have a scorecard with a circle round each hole score. Anything else is gravy.

Peace and Love.

Paul.

p.s. Please don't reply to this, I just wanted to get it off my chest.

---------------------------------------------------------

That's enough morbid stuff from me, I'll get back to normal now - playing mediocre virtual golf and scouring the forum looking for tin foil hatted numpties who need belittling.

RSS