Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pings gathering dust

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 17 2009 6:41 PM (6 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:25 PM

Well that's it. The ping irons are so bad I've had to go back to my WGT tour starters. Do not buy these irons guys. Spin doesn't matter if you can't even hit the greens.

My game runs great, no chop, and smooth meter. I can't imagine hitting these clubs with the choppy meter some people complain of. Maybe I just suck and other people can use these clubs, but I average 20 feet closer with my WGTs. I won a CTTH competetion last week using WGTs and I can't even see that happening with the pings. I tried playing 18 holes with them and couldn't  get through 7 before having to give up out of frustration.

I tried and tried to get used to them, but the simple fact is, unless you want the game to be 30-50% harder, don't buy these irons. Thanks for nothing WGT, again. This is just my opinon. Try em if you want, if they work for you, you are a better man than I. Buyer Beware.

I really wish WGT would let us use them on a trial basis rather than having us waste our money on chance, with no trade-in or buy back option, this site is starting to look more and more like one big rip-off to me. Too bad, this game has real potential. Unfortunately the administration running it seems to care more about $ than it's fan - base. This is what ruins games WGT. All I can do is request you better these clubs, or at least yourselves. But I'm sure that will be ignored as is every other complaint issued to you.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:14 PM

They don't ignore complaints, believe me.  These are just unfortunate growing pains.

They got this one wrong.  It happens.  They've done it before and they'll probably do it again.  You weren't here when Starter clubs first came out.  There was nearly a coup.  People were ready to storm the WGT offices and set it ablaze!

Bottom line is though, they do listen to us, especially when it's brought to their attention in this fashion (aka not just a rant).

We just gotta try to stay patient and give 'em time to sort it all out.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:29 PM

guys, what are u doing>?

irons are fixed in new patch. slower than before and tad larger sweet spot

i just shot easy 30 with them

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:57 PM

they did a good job on the fix too. I definately recommend picking them up now

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 4:26 AM

I thought they were playing better last night. I shot 31 with a bogey on #10. So yeah maybe they're starting to come around.

Am I to understand Iconian has bought these clubs? Oh my, has the world turned upside down, is this site going to implode now?!

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 6:18 AM

The Ping irons? Fixed? What patch? *confused* Please explain.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 6:41 PM

I think you bumped your weiner dude. The ping irons didn't even exist before the patch. And yes, they still suck.

RSS