Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pro Irons

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 30 2010 10:06 AM (5 replies)
  • KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:58 AM

I just started switching up clubs, I talked to a couple master and they recomended the Satin Wedges (I have the 54, 60, 64). Also I have the TM R9 9.5 Driver with a Ping G10 hybrid.  All these clubs have the meter speed exactly half way, I like that speed so it leaves me with 3 choices for my irons; TM R9, TM Tour Burner, Ping G10.  Any suggestions on which iron set would be the best? Thanks

-King

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:58 AM

Having seen your game I think you would do well to wait until you make master and get the G10s. It won't be long. :-)   You can get them now but the pro version has a Med/High trajectory, like the TMs, but the Master version has High trajectory and this makes a big difference, especially at Oakmont and BPB. GL

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 9:59 AM

YankeeJim:

Having seen your game I think you would do well to wait until you make master and get the G10s. It won't be long. :-)   You can get them now but the pro version has a Med/High trajectory, like the TMs, but the Master version has High trajectory and this makes a big difference, especially at Oakmont and BPB. GL

Yeah the game that just shot 4 consecutive 73's lol. If thats not master material then I don't know what is...

• ProfessorJoe
    325 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 7:39 AM

Hello KOTC,

Although YJ is absolutely correct about the higher trajectory being an advantage on those particular courses, getting to master with the irons you have may prove to be painstakingly frustrating and long (unless you play St. Andy's 24/7).  However, I've been using the pro version of the TM R9's and that's what got me to master in no time.  The spin characteristic makes them a GREAT choice for holding just about any green and the yardage of them is only a couple of yards difference from even the best master sets.  I've been playing as a master for quite some time now and I don't see myself buying new clubs anytime soon.  Trust me, you'll get plenty of use on the TM's if you decide to go that route.  Oh, and don't forget to buy some good balls.......Tour SD balls at a bare minimum.  They will also make a huge difference from the starter balls.  Good luck with your game, it only gets more exciting from here!

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:32 AM

KingOfTheCourt:

Yankee Jim:

Yeah the game that just shot 4 consecutive 73's lol. If that's not master material then I don't know what is...

hey KOTC, if your genuinely scoring in the mid 60s then your probably ready for the soul destroying hell that is the master tier. But if your cherry picking your scores in a rush to get to there, your making a big mistake my friend. thousands of masters including me wish they would have left it a mouth or two longer.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 10:06 AM

griffygriff:

KingOfTheCourt:

Yankee Jim:

Yeah the game that just shot 4 consecutive 73's lol. If that's not master material then I don't know what is...

hey KOTC, if your genuinely scoring in the mid 60s then your probably ready for the soul destroying hell that is the master tier. But if your cherry picking your scores in a rush to get to there, your making a big mistake my friend. thousands of masters including me wish they would have left it a mouth or two longer.

look at my score history... 65 66 73 77 lol I don't cherry pick. 

RSS