Help › Forums

Re: Freezing

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 14 2009 5:34 AM (2 replies)
  • PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 4:12 PM

Hi,

I've about had it and I like this game very much but I'm tired of having it freeze all the time.

I don't mean in mid-swing.  I mean all OVER the place.  After a shot while the ball's in the air, it freezes.  When chatting before I "send" it freezes though I can type and what I type will appear later.

While designating 'Swing' it freezes before I can move the 'Swing' icon with my mouse.

After hitting a putt (or a shot) it freezes and I have to wait for the shot to complete but I HATE it when putting because I'm not able to watch the ball throughout it's travel.

There is NOTHING wrong with my computer.  I've had to quit numerous times in the middle or even early in a round, reboot, only to have the same problem occur.  Freezing (read "delay") in whatever I do be it from clicking on something to NOT clicking on something to trying to CLICK on something and having to wait until my 'click' gets results.

I don't know if other people have had this problem or not.  I don't know if it's an IE problem or an ActiveX problem or what.  All I know is my computer is fine and at this point find fault with your programming and/or servers.

What I DO know is that I'm sick of it and somebody had better find  a resolution because I think I'm not the only one with this problem.  What I do know is that I've done nothing wrong on my side unless I missed a setting or a D/L someplace and I believe I haven't.  So....fix it because it ain't me.

Pete

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 4:52 PM

no pete it's not just you.....but dont look for a fix .a on going problem...talking about playing the masters... need to fix the bugs  on the courses that they have

• BeachGolf
    119 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 5:34 AM

I've noticed that the graphics freeze (or get severly low frame rates) on stroke play rounds, but not on the skill challenges.  If I play 2 or 3 stroke play rounds in a row (or more), the graphics get progressively worse.  Something must be getting stuck in memory or something.  If I re-boot, it starts out fine again.  I have 2GB of RAM on Windows XP, so I don't think that's the problem.  Maybe they need to check for memory dumping issues.  I also noticed it the most when I was quitting in the middle of a round (unlimited play Back 9 tourney) and re-starting it from the menu.  Maybe the memory doesn't get cleared out that way?  Hopefully it can be fixed.  The other thing is that I'd rather see the unlimited play on a full 18 to spread out the leaderboard a bit and the single play on the 9 hole round.

RSS