Forums

Help › Forums

Re: K Island Putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:19 PM (5 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:33 PM

Hole #1 on KI I dumped my approach about 6 feet left of the pin, and had two completely different putts depending on whether I used regular view or reverse view. According to the regular view, it broke a slight amount to the right for the first 2-3 feet then was flat to the pin. According to the reverse view, it was a more pronounced right break for the first 4 feet. Which do you base the putt off of when they show differently between the views?!?!

Oh, and it broke left on the way in, lol.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:44 AM

VaHaLo,

If I'm remembering correctly, you've found one of the most menacing spots on the Kia greens! (for me anyways) It has been like that for, I think, over a year. (since they re-worked the greens, can't remember when that was)

Usually though you can trust the reverse view read, however this is one spot that you cannot.

My best advice, never, ever finish left of the pin.

• Ghazan316
    40 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 11:00 AM

I do not pretend to be more knowledgable than Mr. Lee here, but that's not the only hole where that problem arises.

In my limited experience, I read forums and decided that the reverse view was more accurate, but this was proven inconsistent, at least.

I've come to realize that the view which is 'straighter' to the pin is usually the correct one.  The grid lines run straight towards the ball from the hole, and that gives you a more exact idea of the slope that your particular ball will face when rolling towards the hole.

That's my 2 cents, let me know what you guys think.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:51 PM

Ghazan316:
    the view which is 'straighter' to the pin is usually the correct one.
    Interesting insight!  I will be sure to check it out!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:58 PM

I generally use the reverse, as well. It definitely seems truer.

However, much like Ghazan, I find a couple holes give very poor views, both ways, and that sems to make putting a real guess for me

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:19 PM

Thanks for the input everyone,

At least I am glad to know that I am not the only one seeing these inconsistencies and that I am not losing my mid, lol.

I really wish the 'report bug' feature was a little more responsive and quicker. I'd love to submit a bug on all of these little finds, but sometimes it disrupts the game flow because it takes so long, and it simply gets skipped.

RSS