Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SA 17th hole

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:40 AM (4 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 2:24 PM

just finished ready-go back nine at SA.  -2 going into 17th hole, drive was down the left of fairway, in 20-25% rough, i had 143 to the pin with a following wind 24 mph.  decided to play left of the green as wind was heading slightly right, didn't want to go into the fescue on the right so aimed left of the trap and hit 160 yard club.  ball landed short of the trap, bounced and rolled just to the left rear of the green.  guess what "BALL OUT OF BOUNDS".  that is total bs, lost a ball (again) and ended with a triple bogey, costing me money on the ready-go.

played left on several occasions because from there it is uphill to the pin and easier to get close to make the par.

no ob markers just behind the green.

wtf happened.

anyone, anyone, anyone.

• Hairry
    14 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:10 PM

Tough break, out of bound needs to be marked and very visible.

I had a bad story, I was on the 17 in a tournament, 4 yards from the pin. 20-25 % lie and decided to putt.  I pulled up the putter and got the 4 yard putter measuring meter and hit it 4 yards and the ball didn't move, one stoke was added.  Then I decided to use the LB and hit it 8 yards to a 4 yard pin and the ball didn't move and it cost me a stroke, this went on for 2 more strokes and the ball didn't move, but on the 5th try, somehow I was on the green and was able to putt.

Is that a bug in the program, or am I just that bad!  LOL

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:35 PM

Hi Haji,

I just checked out that area for myself and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary back there.  The two screenshots below indicate that you can miss the green on either side or behind by a decent margin (obviously not as much on the right) and still be in play.  Even the dirt road itself is mostly in play.

The minimap is the marker for being out of bounds.  If you go right up to the edge of the map you are flirting with OB.

Click to enlarge the photos.  The circles in the first picture show my divots (shame on me for not replacing them) and the places I was before I was here.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:55 PM

WGTniv:

Hi Haji,

I just checked out that area for myself and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary back there.  The two screenshots below indicate that you can miss the green on either side or behind by a decent margin (obviously not as much on the right) and still be in play.  Even the dirt road itself is mostly in play.

The minimap is the marker for being out of bounds.  If you go right up to the edge of the map you are flirting with OB.

Click to enlarge the photos.  The circles in the first picture show my divots (shame on me for not replacing them) and the places I was before I was here.

in the lower of the two pictures, i was near the long grass behind your avatar, but i was closer to the green.  when i hit the shot out of the light rough, the ball landed just left of the trap on the left side of the green, ball bounced a couple of times and rolled past the green, didn't make it to the long grass.  next screen showed "ball out of bounds", the ball had disappeared from the screen.  there are no ob markers behind the green near the long grass, which i assume is fescue rough.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:40 AM

haji97071:

in the lower of the two pictures, i was near the long grass behind your avatar, but i was closer to the green.  when i hit the shot out of the light rough, the ball landed just left of the trap on the left side of the green, ball bounced a couple of times and rolled past the green, didn't make it to the long grass.  next screen showed "ball out of bounds", the ball had disappeared from the screen.  there are no ob markers behind the green near the long grass, which i assume is fescue rough.

haji, it appears that the area you are talking about is very close to the edge of the minimap. As niv said, all of the areas outside of the minimap are out of bounds.

Agreed it's annoying, but try to remember not to put yourself in that position the next time you play.

If you want really annoying OB lines then try playing Wii Golf! Deep rough = OB.

RSS