Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bad WGT Server Problems

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:29 PM (5 replies)
  • jimmyboy2010
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:48 AM

I joined WGT about 8 months ago & have improved my game up to the point of becoming a master.  I have noticed during the past month or so the game has been steadily getting worse about bad glitching, completely shutting off in the middle of a game and jerking alot when i would try to make a shot.  I have talked to other players and they tell me they are having the same problems with their game not performing the way it should.  Please try to correct the server problems so we can enjoy this game the way we want to.  Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.  Jimmyboy2010--Jim Barber 

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:12 AM

Don't know if it's their servers or something on my end...but the game has become virtually unplayable for me.  Just finished a nine hole round in about an hour.  Cannot go more than a few shots without a Load Manager Error.  Have tried Chrome, Firefox and Exp and it makes little difference which one I use.  Have removed and reinstalled Adobe 10...no change.  Have removed 10 and installed 10.1... no change.  Have done the cache clearings as recommended as well as turning off hardware accelerator in adobe to no avail....HELP Please.   Thanks!

• CommanderIan
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:49 PM

I am definitely having the same issues.  Lots of glitchy slide bars.  It has definiteyl affected my scores on every type of game style.  The most frustrating is during the qualifiers and ready-go games - ready go costing you credits and qualifiers costing you the chance to play in a great tournament!

I'd take a smooth downloadable client that I have to pay $15 for over a free (but glitchy) web-based client any day of the week.

Otherwise this is by far the best PC_based golf game I've ever played.

Please fix this WGT team!!!

• Starhawke
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 2:51 PM

yes fix this WGT how can we play when bars are dso glichy

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 2:55 PM

Hi fellas,

The servers themselves won't cause the meter stutter that you are seeing.  You could actually pull your network cable and still see a meter stutter.  For most players it's the result of a local frame rate issue (cpu can't draw fast enough to keep up), though even the best PC's will run into the occasional snag.

There are some performance tips on my profile (just click my name) that can help to reduce the stutter in the meter.  The most effective tip that most players have indicated has helped them is lowering the graphics quality to the LOW setting in your game options.  If you lower your graphics quality and notice an immediate improvement, you can usually chalk it up to a frame rate problem.  Less intensive graphics will not be as hard on your processor.  There are some other things you can do, such as shutting down everything but the game window itself (close the WGT website in the background) and turning off extras options like Flagstick Animations. 

Try out those suggestions and also be sure you are staying up to date with clearing your flash and browser caches.  Clearing your caches acquires the most recently updated game and course files.  We perform updates regularly (every month or so), so it's important to clear out once every so often.

Good Luck =)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:29 PM

Just in case, I found this link.....on the WGT site!  lol

http://www.neotys.com/?gclid=CIGN6ZuWpqICFcRM5Qodd3lvRQ

no really, it was an ad here at the top of the page! (sry, couldn't resist that one) 

RSS