Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flash 10.1

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:00 PM (3 replies)
  • rdoehring
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:21 PM

In case anyone wants to know, Flash 10.1 sucks.  Just downloaded and getting nothing but stutter and frame-rate drop-off, even after clearing cache.  (My rig: i7 2.93 w12G ram)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 8:43 PM
  • golferrrrr
    44 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 12:43 PM

rdoehring:

In case anyone wants to know, Flash 10.1 sucks.  Just downloaded and getting nothing but stutter and frame-rate drop-off, even after clearing cache.  (My rig: i7 2.93 w12G ram)

Maybe you dont have enough ram.

I noticed the meter was fine when going to click, wouldn't do the occasional pause. But especially when putting, after I'd click, the animation of things moving was really choppy. Looked in this bug log and recalled a couple days ago the flash had updated. Cleared the flash and browser cache and its running more normal again.

Talk about a big problem with this whole game everytime there's an update and the cache needs to be manually cleared. How do you expect people who aren't geeks to know how to do that? They should make an easier way that would automatically delete old files and load new ones whenever there's a new release.

• golferrrrr
    44 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:00 PM

Yeah, playing somemore and that cache clearing did not improve the choppy putting animation after you click. Whatever. Probably that flash 10.1 sucking.

Rolled back the flash to previous version and for now seems to be working ok.

RSS