Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gamer mouse better?

Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:49 AM (8 replies)
  • guitarlover68
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:09 AM

Would a high quality mouse be more precise at stopping the meter? Im using a wired mouse right now figured would be better than wireless. Just interested in what everyone else is using out there.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:28 AM

ive used a wired mouse since i joined.....sum ppl like the wireless ones.(not me)! its only a dell...with a scrolling wheel...i`ve  heard some can slow down the meter...dont know how true that is, but to me its like the clubs you play with...its gotta be comfortable in the hands.. ha!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 8:41 AM

Just a few thoughts ...

I picked up a Logitec G500 Gaming Mouse last November and immediately started hitting the center line a lot more.   It doesn't slow down the meter ... but the response time between me hitting the mouse button and the reaction on the meter is almost immediate.   I figured it was either the mouse --- or that specific day I got a lot better.  (I'm leaning towards the mouse) 

As a note --- In March I met a few buddies I play with down in Virginia for some golf and WGT.  One of them is one of the better players on the site.    I brought my computer set up .. and he signed on to play a game with it --- and couldn't handle the quick response time on the mouse.  He was early on every hit ... which tells me the mouse response time really impacted his game.

There are lots of gaming mice out there .. i have no clue which is best or if it will even make a difference for you .. but it did for me.

Oh and whatever you do .. stay wired.

• guitarlover68
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 2:16 PM

Wow.......went and bought the logitech g500 laser gaming mouse and notice a big difference. The meter doesnt jump a 1/8" after I click it. Thanks for the info........

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 4:21 PM

Your very welcome ... :)

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:20 PM

A good mouse and mouse pad has to be an asset in playing any game but I believe it is more what you are used to using as in time your reactions will become tuned to a slow or fast reaction time.

As I also have used a Logitech G5 Gaming mouse since I started here and it works well for me, I can't comment on other non gamer mice:)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 7:24 PM

Logitech G9x ..great gaming mouse

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:19 AM

it is more what you are used to using as in time your reactions will become tuned to a slow or fast reaction time.

Agreed, it's what you get used too but a good gamer mouse has to be of benefit here. Besides, Lou couldn't hit the line if it was painted on the barn door LOL

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:49 AM

That farm needs a duck.

RSS